[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alpha1

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by alpha1 »

Any updates on the game?
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Landfish won.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Right, here's our replay.
TGT_nanipeace_2.gz
TGT 2nd match against peace and the nani
(31.62 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
Spoiler:
Third match is likely to happen today in the evening.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Spoiler:
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Absolutely marvelous story,Horus! its clear why telling the tale of the infuriated landfish commando took some time before publishing the result. and so we all take our scars to the final round 3 which will take place...yeah - where actually? maybe we will be the first team to play ALL 3 FINAL MAPS in one encounter? 8)
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

I still don't understand why you didn't take 8,22 with a cavalry when killing footpad with horseman.
Wasn't it better to lose a cavalry instead of a 20xp horseman? Or would you have lost both then?
And what was the plan if the griffin kill failed? You needed lots of luck for that. What was the backup plan?
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

hehe funny screenshot, although i think i would prefer loy/ud to double dwarves all day erryday ;)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
nani

Post by nani »

Game3 of the Sith Group Finals has been started tonight, but couldn't be finished due to Horus2 disconnecting.
We will try to continue tomorrow evening. :mrgreen:
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

When is the final final match? Can someone please PM me when it's scheduled? I'll make @Wesnoth tweet about it.
peace

Post by peace »

We just finished our last tentacles vs landfishes game, the last obstacle before final games.
nani (p1, northerners) & peace (p4, rebels) vs Rigor (p2, rebels) & Horus2 (p3, knalgans) on xanthe chaos.
Spoiler:
Attachments
TGT_3_groups_finals_Tentacles_vs_Landfishes_game_3.gz
(42.58 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
nani

Post by nani »

Big Thanks to Landfishies for those games. After all Fishies do win, even though they're controlled by Tentacles!
Now we're looking forward to great matches against Nerds R US. Quite frightening to fight the unbeatables.
Nevertheless Sith Tentacles are hoping for it to look like this against the Jedi Nerds :mrgreen:

csarmi

Post by csarmi »

8,1 :)
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

It seems that even landfish won't save you if you play the whole game one village down :)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

We, Horus and Rigor, hereby want to thank all of our opponents for their participation in the TGT and wish our fellow wesnothians the best of luck from the deep...(of our hearts? - no just from the deep) during their final encounters!

csarmi thank you for the talk today, i think some of you would also like to have a better explanation of what happened:

Many of you might have wondered why we didnt decide to take the villages in a more reasonable order. The argumentation for this can be re-read in the DL provided above (landfish only ally talk). Our idea was a mix of getting flanks early, same with reinforcements and take the last village later when things looked consolidated in the center.

However, there was never enough time to do exactly that because we needed reinforcements all the time and we had no 6 mp leaders like our dear opponents who would support such fancy maneuvers. The actual mistake happened at turn 5 where a griph attacked and received horrible damage while at the same time offering enough space for a counter which took him down just like that. Interesting for us would be what obs thought about the whole situation until this crucial move and if the echo was supportive towards such an experimental gamestyle during the tournament or not. your turn to talk now (maybe tentacles will say some words?)

The Landfishies
neki

Post by neki »

The game has been casted, although I feel sorry for Landfishes. We experience some issues with the BWI right now so I will upload the TGT video after those issues get cleared.