[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tekelili

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by tekelili »

Game 1 Nerds vs Wookies
Spoiler:

Game 2 Noughty Wookies vs Nerds R Us Wednesday 19th at 19:00 gmt on server 2
Attachments
Nerds-Wookies game1.gz
(36.11 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Last edited by tekelili on October 14th, 2011, 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

...meanwhile on clash:

Figure: nani [almost-real-life-picture] over-awed he could shoot down one (1) scout

Figure: Wookies & the crowd
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

The crowd was much less bothered by the pace of the game, than by someones decision to leave just when the action was about to start. :P
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Unfortunately, it was not my decision either... :(
Faello

Post by Faello »

Any TGT game is going to be played this week? I'd like to obs something decent :)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Game 2 Noughty Wookies vs Nerds R Us Wednesday 19th at 19:00 gmt on server 2
as mentioned in tekelili's post above. :P
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

At first i too thought, tekelilis post was announcement of the first game updated with replay, not the announcement of the 2nd game :P
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
nani

Post by nani »

Continuation of the Sith Group Finals will be next week.
We're not yet certain about the day, but it will most probably be a 2 or 3 hour slot in the evening CEST.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

The Wookies went Nerd-hunting for revenge today on PoD;
Loyal+Orc vs Drake+UD.

Game has been saved for continuation on ;
Saturday 22 Oct at 1700GMT on server 2.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello finalists!

I have updated the Tournament Tree again so now you are can fully officially fight for the right to be the Jedi & Sith flagbearers for the epic Final Battle.

May the best of you win and hope to see the games played soon... :)

From his TGT Throne

Dauntless
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Just took a look at the Tournament Table, almost every round is a "final" of some kind :D The only round that isn't a "final" is the first round. I therefore suggest to rename the 1st round to the "TGT-Randomization-Ceremony Final" and also rename the list of participants to the "List of the registration phase finalists"! :<
neki

Post by neki »

I have been saying this since TGT edition 2: Using the term "Group finals" sucks! It just diminishes and distorts any sensational meaning the word "final" may have. It's childish, against the tournament's interest and lame! Stop using it, please and use semi-finals instead! If we had at least 4 groups, we could say: group finals - semi-finals - grand final, but groups finals - finals, it's just plain lame. And just like ducky said: why don't we make up a "finals" term for each and every stage of the tournament ?!

EDIT: The decisive matches (if any) of the semi-finals and the true one and only valid grand FINALS of the TGT will get full coverage on http://www.youtube.com/brutalwesnoth. So make sure you put up a spectacular battle for the amusement of the crowd!
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Btw. neki, i've read on your channel, that you are looking for a female wesnoth player for a dual cast, in order to make wesnoth more popular among girls. The TGT-administration supports this initiative and will grant any female player participating in nekis dual-casts of the TGT-games the title of the official Vice-TGT-Reporter!
(Do not be discouraged by a "vice"-title. As everyone knows "vice" is a TGT-term for "cool", "awesome"! Just look at Faello, he was a TGT-admin for two times, but even he decided to become a vice-admin after all ;))
nelson

Post by nelson »

Strangely, tekelili and I waited for over an hour at the appointed time of today (Saturday) 1700 GMT, and neither TBS nor Dreadnough showed up. Has someone abducted our teammates? Are Tekelili and I going to be forced to fuse into the Nerdy Wookiees in order to fight the Sith?
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

Well sorry mates, I thougt we play 19 gmt, it is quite a pit since I had time the whole day and still have time today, tomorrow and monday the whole day.