[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Faello

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by Faello »

Gambit, pictures in this thread are used not to distract users from the thread content, they're here mostly to complete it.

I'm a big fan of ordnung in posts myself but most of them are used to make AAR's from tournament games more interesting to read and to sum up the game in some memorable way - some of the high level TGT games even with current timer settings take over 6 up to 11 or 12 hours and some of them are really, really good, so players that participate wants to encourage others to download their replays of the game and watch it in some way that catch their attention easily.

I agree that using them in every second post is totally unnecessary but I'm sure that nobody wanted to act against "spirit of guildelines" on purpose since this matter isn't clearly stated in the rules.

Rest of the images used by TGT crew (me, Dauntless, alpha1) were used here just for tournament flavour/to make announcements, tables etc. look less boring and actually eye-catching for the players involved in the tournament. That was also one of the reasons why we've asked the devs and obtained the permission to organise this tournament by using the official forum space - I'm pretty sure it didn't change it's shape since last edition.

We're fully aware that it's a private forum and we enjoy the possibility of having TGT thread supported by it, thus if it will be necessary we will use spoiler tags on AAR images to make this thread look neat + limit no. of images to save the dial up/slow dsl users bandwith, but 100% elimination of pictures from game AAR's or TGT announcements sounds like a knife stab in the heart of tournament spirit.

I think that, considering the above, it's hard to compare most of the images posted here (that are actually posted to support the tournament life) with images posted in other threads just to watch them/for "pure lol's" or something.

It's also hard to blame us for others not understanding the difference.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

TGT is good for Wesnoth and the MP community. It's a lot of fun and the pictures add value to the storytelling.

Gambit: I would ask leniency for this specific thread.

Community: I would ask please don't let this habit of using pictures spill into other threads.

cheers
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Just a short hello from italy.

1. Sry nani for my mistake in the fancy tournament tree, i will repair this upon my arrival. (i dont have the table here) Team tentacles are in round two :)

2. As discussed earlier one player has the right to sub his ally, so game 1 vs Tentacles is valid. The rest remains inter-team discussion... However since im away so long, I understand nekis decision.

3. I didnt manage to read all the game comments, but I am sorry to wave goodbye to team CDeath once again so soon and I hope that Mystery Knights will profit from CDeath gentleman surrender and will play out round 2 on time.

Thats about it, cya soon

Dauntless
neki

Post by neki »

Can it be that one of the Mistery Knights is grywacz ? (increasing the suspense) Remember the initial "recombine with a deathly element" ? That would be soo brutal, Faello eliminated again by the same people.

Nevertheless, I don't see anybody from that group getting past the nerdy Jedis. However, plk2 and Nordmann proved to warm up slowly in the past, but after some time just rolled over their opponents. So many variables, so much suspense, too bad there is one thing that seems to be certain and to kill all the TGT thrill: RNG will brutally blast through the tournament again :mrgreen:
Cutler

Post by Cutler »

However, plk2 and Nordmann proved to warm up slowly in the past, but after some time just rolled over their opponents.
Plk2 and Norman beat us last year, but it took all 3 games to do so!

Rematch would be fun.
Only victory shall unmask a mystery knight.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

I do not remember the "rolling over"-part either :P
neki wrote:Can it be that one of the Mistery Knights is grywacz ?
see this
and this
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

would be more fun to know who exactly you are playing against
neki

Post by neki »

Booooringgg!!!! Can we at least have some copy pastes from Naughty Wookies desperate tries to a settle a time for a match ? Or at least a report on how things are going ? They are the only team that didn't play a round 2 match yet and didn't set any date. How about you Rigor, when will Shadow of Death defeat you next ?
Dreadnough

Post by Dreadnough »

If you learn to spell our name I will give you updates.

Haha, ok I am not that mean.

We are trying to get a date right now. Maybe it will be Saturday 2 am GMT +2 / Friday 7 pm GMT -5, or something like this. But it is not sure, we are still planing.
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

Dreadnough wrote:If you learn to spell our name I will give you updates.

Haha, ok I am not that mean.

We are trying to get a date right now. Maybe it will be Saturday 2 am GMT +2 / Friday 7 pm GMT -5, or something like this. But it is not sure, we are still planing.
Yes, it's confirmed: midnight GMT Friday night, that's 7PM CST or 2AM (technically Saturday morning) in Dreadnough's GMT+2 timezone. Map still being determined via PM...
Cutler

Post by Cutler »

Mystery Knights won game one vs. Naughty Wookies on Loris River.

I was player one (dwarfs) vs. Dreadnough green (UD). Rodgers purple was (UD) vs nelson blue (Loyalists). The action was early, fast and furious.

Dreadnough was very cool to play a late night game. I appreciate it. Next game we'll hopefully play a time much more friendly for him. Possibly on Monday.

Thanks again for the game guys.
Attachments
4p_-_Loris_River_Turn_11_tgt.gz
(61.26 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Only victory shall unmask a mystery knight.
neki

Post by neki »

Ha ?! Dreadnough and nelson are pro! They should have won! Come on guys, show some focus and some power of will! I am not even going to watch the game, by the description you just made the "Tentacles" special attack :)
Antty

Post by Antty »

Can i still register? :O
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

In the middle of a 2nd round? Im afraid you can't...
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Faello

Post by Faello »

@TGT participants: I was kind of busy during last two weeks, but I'm 100% avaible now, so in case your matchup needs some TGT admin support, I'm ready & eager to help you :)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.