[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

khorne-flakes

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by khorne-flakes »

hi, we want to join to the tournament the players Xplorer, and Lhurgoyf, our team name will be "the Mediterranean Piig", see you in battle :mrgreen:
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i feel like a promoter ;) i think 1 more team left to register then its full.
Shachi

Post by Shachi »

well, can i take the last slot? i need someone for thats :)
Faello

Post by Faello »

Allright, I'm updating the tournament list, I think it may be full after I'll do that.

EDIT:Yes, all spots are taken, but thefish, IPS and Shachi need to register their teams (find team mates and give me their team names)

Thus, I will seriously treat the 72 hours period of reservation - someone may still want to register their team, so I ask players that reserved their spots to confirm their reservations via registration.

Also, I'll create a reserve list for teams that want to participate, but they don't have a free spot. If one of the reservations will cease to exist, reserve team will fill it's spot.
LIST OF THE TEAMS REGISTERED UNTIL NOW:
Alpha Group:
1.CDeath (Faello & sidzej)
2.NFC North (Cutler & Rodgers), mystery knights
3.Noob Leavers (grzywacz & deekay) TGT! 1st Edition Champions
4.S.P.A.M. (Radament & CragHack)
5.Ducks of Doom (alpha1 & MrHase)
6.Miso Hapi (tiboloid & tinytim)
7.Clong Man and the Gang (Just_end_turn & Rigor)
8.Nerds R US (The Black Sword & tekelili)

Omega Group:
1.Random Noob Gamers (neki & Dauntless)
2.reserved (IPS & Lobezno[?])
3.North & South (plk2 & Nordmann)
4.CD (winddog & Chandler_bing)
5.reserved (thefish & his team mate)
6.Stardock (Merlin 74 & MJR)
7.Mediterranean Piig (Xplorer & Lhurgoyf)
8.reserved (Shachi & his team mate)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
neki

Post by neki »

Yay! We are full, BUT we should not get over ourselves... I suggest you post on the first page of this discussion:

PlayerX and his teamMate - temporarly reserved - 72 hours/48 hours/24 hours until full team is confirmed or spot becomes available

In this way we encourage people to get a team-mate and we encourage other people that want to join but see the list full to actually join the reserve list. No offence, but for how much time has IPS's team-mate not posted anything on this forum ?! I think it's more than 72 hours. And, just historically speaking, I have had some bad experience with thefish, I don;t thing he'll care about your 72 hours deadline or about getting a team-mate, but who knows, time will tell. So I would liek ot advise caution.

Anyways, now the tournament has to take place. You owe it to Rigor, me and the other great guys that helped you promote the event or got courage to enlist for this.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Anyways, now the tournament has to take place. You owe it to Rigor, me and the other great guys that helped you promote the event or got courage to enlist for this.
i am sure Faello will be most grateful for your help and support :)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Faello

Post by Faello »

neki wrote:Yay! We are full, BUT we should not get over ourselves... I suggest you post on the first page of this discussion:(...)
I contacted IPS and he said that he will confirm his reservation soon, there was no team that I could put on his place, thus there was no point to erase his reservation anyway.

With full team list, as I've already explained, reservations WILL expire.

neki, your bad or good experience with thefish isn't a matter that I will discuss or take under consideration - everybody has a right to register their team & play in the tournament - I'm just the administrator of this event, if he wants to play& will register his team, then he will play - I have no right to limit this possibility.
neki wrote:Anyways, now the tournament has to take place. You owe it to Rigor, me and the other great guys that helped you promote the event or got courage to enlist for this.
I already owe administrators of this boards to let me organize it, deekay&grzywacz for promoting it on the server, other admins for support&input, alpha1 for help in creating the rules, all players that agreed to join 1st then 2nd edition etc. - tournament isn't possible without making connections so don't worry, I do remember that, that's why I'm trying to make it work.
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

Actually, myself and my friend; ManicDementia would be happy to join the tournament. We were going to send our PM a couple of hours ago, but alas, it filled overnight.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Send me your team name too. If IPS won't find a team mate until 17 of GMT 27th of Nov, his reservation will expire and you will fill the spot.
RESERVE LIST:
1.Entropy (Aisikle & ManicDementia)
neki

Post by neki »

It looks like today at 17:00 GMT organization phase can start, because either IPS will sign his team up, either the reserve team will compete! :)

I suggest everybody posts his time zone, so the organizers can schedule at least the first matches between players of similar time zones.

I will start: I am GMT and Dauntless is GMT + 1.

Also, I suggest remaking the Alpha and Omega groups. It is not nice to make old teams with good tradition in TGT edition 1 fight toghether from first phase - this is the case of group Alpha. And again it is not nice to put high ranked ladder players fight toghether from first phase either, because they meet in ladder all the time.

So, considering this two criteria: (timezone) and (previous TGT champions & very active ladder players), I suggest we rearrange the order in which the current teams clash.

So what do ya think, guys ?
CookieBite

Post by CookieBite »

i can be teammates with thefish. If he will accept me, but thats likely as we are friends :D
its a shame that every place was filled so fast, otherwise i wouldve arranged my own team :(
I'm at GMT +10 hours (AUST. EDT)
neki: I'm sure that wont help. Over 3/4 of the registered players are really skilled players. Either way it should be fine. Plus you only suggest this to save your skin. :P
I suggest everything random as it is more fair.
neki

Post by neki »

1st fact: thefish already has a team-mate since yesterday, so you're kinda out :p
2nd fact: the tournament has been announced since ages and has been actively promoted, there's no excuse for not signing up earlier
3rd fact: my current first opponnent is not a pro team, so I should be fine anyways
4th fact: "save my own skin ?!" that's all I'm going to say: LOL :)
Bast

Post by Bast »

Thx for adding us Faello
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Isn't your first opponent Shachi and Bast? I never seen Bast play but Shachi's pretty good :wink: .

I would be in favour of re-randomising the teams, it seems fairer that way than just matching people up as they join.
I don't like the idea of seeding though and it would also be a lot easier to do without it, just pick the names out of a hat :P .

I'm GMT and I think tekelili is GMT+1 btw, he'll probably confirm that.

Also the tournament's only been open about 10 days, might feel like ages when you can't wait to start but its understandable if someones busy not to have noticed it.
neki

Post by neki »

Hm... I am team 1 from Omega group, so I guess my first opponnent is team 2: IPS and whoever his team-mate is...

Random is fine also, but matching people up as they join is random enough I think, so why bother with randoming one more time ?! Seeding is quite difficult, I agree, so better leave the teams as they are