german translation

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

llogiq

german translation

Post by llogiq »

Hi there.

I noticed the german translation is still getting outdated. Here is an updated file. There is still much to do, but there is still also much done yet. Keep up the good work. :)
mawa

Post by mawa »

Thanks for the input.
I'm currently working on a large update of the German translation, which I will post here as soon as I'm done with it. It'll take some time, as style, spelling and punctuation of most of the longer German messages are very suboptimal.

I've been pondering whether to start from a clean slate and simply retranslate everything. Does sample_translation.cfg contain all messages?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

mawa wrote: I've been pondering whether to start from a clean slate and simply retranslate everything. Does sample_translation.cfg contain all messages?
To obtain a file which has all messages, use the tool make_translation. For instructions on how to use this tool, see http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothTranslations.

sample_translation.cfg is the output of this tool, but you can use make_translation to make sure you have the latest version.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
mawa

Voila - new German translation, take 1

Post by mawa »

OK, so I completed the German translation in a couple of afternoon hours and a mammoth night shift. I haven't revamped all of it; style and wording still leaves a lot to be desired. But all the translatable strings are translated now, and many translations have been corrected.
If you include this file, please put me in the credits as:
Matthias Warkus (mawa)

Thank you!
tefkab

Missing translation in german.cfg

Post by tefkab »

Hi Ilogiq, hi Matthias,

well done, a lot of work :!:

On a first look over your translations, I found one missing message (msg11_5c).
Proposal:
msg11_5c="Wir dürfen keine Zeit verlieren! Ich erinnere mich, dass die Minen am besten durch den Eingang im Nordosten zu betreten sind!"

CU!
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Seems like the translations is getting stale again, I got quite a few english messages while playing Wesnoth so far. Is there anyone working on the translation or planning to do so soon?
If not I may consider to help with it but I don't really have the time right now. It's just annoying to see a nearly complete translation with some english mixed in. Disturbs my desire for perfection. :-)
ultimasephrioth

Post by ultimasephrioth »

Are any other German translators needed? I could make some translations.