italian translation ?

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

isazi

italian translation ?

Post by isazi »

Hello
i've wrote an italian translation, i know there's another one but is still incomplete, i don't know who is italian translator actually but i can gave him a hand :)
Or, if it isn't, i can make a complete translation from englush to italian.
Actually i've translated only the english.cfg file into italian but i'm searching for other piece... there's really much difference about english and italian about the structure of the phrase (and it's evident in my spaghetti english).
Bye
Viliam
Translator

see wiki

Post by Viliam »

i don't know who is italian translator
see http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothTranslations
skovbaer

Post by skovbaer »

@izazi

Federico Tomassetti has stopped working on the translation it seems... He hasn't contacted me for a long time... So go ahead and update the translation, and thanks ;)
- dk_skovbaer -
isazi

Post by isazi »

skovbaer wrote:@izazi

Federico Tomassetti has stopped working on the translation it seems... He hasn't contacted me for a long time... So go ahead and update the translation, and thanks ;)
I've contacted federico and he ask me for sending translated file to him... maybe it's returning in translation
skovbaer

Post by skovbaer »

isazi wrote:I've contacted federico and he ask me for sending translated file to him... maybe it's returning in translation
Ok, sounds fine...
- dk_skovbaer -
crys0000

Post by crys0000 »

I would be interested in the Italian translation too, but since I don't want to do an unuseful job, I want to be sure that what I translate hasn't been translated by anyone else yet.

In particular I'd be interested in translating the whole story and the dialogues, since it seems they are still untranslated.

I could collaborate with the other Italian translators too.

Please let me know something.

Thanks.
Cristiano
RokStar

Post by RokStar »

I just finished to translate english.cfg too... ok, no problem, let's try to organize our work instead... looking in example.cfg (or something similar) i found a list of units with their description. I suppose that is better to do small pieces of translation.. i.e: i can translate all the undead or elvish units, one other translate orcs and dwarf.
I suppose that is possible to translate also the ingame dialog, but i think that we have to read every .cfg file containing the campaign/scenario and to add the same voice on the translation file... (spaghetti english too :P)

you are free to contact me at: lcspra_no_SPaM_PleAse_@tin.it
Just remove _no_SPaM_PleAse_ from that address :)
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

there are tools (make_translation and merge_translation scripts) to generalte a file with all the translatable strings.. and update that file if new strings got in the game.
Both scripts are targeted at unix users so no luck for normal (non-developer skill) windows users
RokStar

Post by RokStar »

Ok, i made some files divided by categories... one with units, one with dialog, one with buttons name and in game text.... Now, when you are ready to spend some times on translation i can send you the file you most like. Now i start with the first one... abilities, action and choose file. When all the files are ready we can paste its contents on italian.cfg and test if it works fine.

The matter will be on update... but we will think about it later.
isazi

Post by isazi »

RokStar wrote:Ok, i made some files divided by categories... one with units, one with dialog, one with buttons name and in game text.... Now, when you are ready to spend some times on translation i can send you the file you most like.
I'm here :) send me what do you want and i'll start to translate from english to italian
RokStar

Post by RokStar »

Tomorrow i will look where we (me and Crys0000) are arrived with translation and i will send you some files to work on. We already make a good piece of translation in only 1 day. Next we will have to obtain Orcish Campaign vars to translate so there is still some work to do. The a check to control type errors or mistake and finally we will have to join all the files :wink:
Send me a mail so i can reply to you tomorrow :)