Help!

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ILikeProgramming

Help!

Post by ILikeProgramming »

How can I translate my campaign (Where to place the files, what format should they be in?)
Last edited by ILikeProgramming on May 8th, 2005, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
stillnotelf

Post by stillnotelf »

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5693

"Translating user campaigns made easy"
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
ILikeProgramming

No! I want to translate my campaign.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

ILikeProgramming wrote:No! I want to translate my campaign.
Uh, yeah, that's what the page is about. You contact torangan, make sure your translatable files are in the right format, send them to him, and then wait for the translations to roll in. You also need subversion installed. Then, when you are ready to release, you update svn, and copy the contents of the translations/ directory to .wesnoth/data/campaigns/{YOUR_CAMPAIGN}/ or equivalent.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ILikeProgramming

:( You don't understand. :(

1. I made a campaign

2. I know Russian

3. I want to know how to make translation files and where to put them
scott

Post by scott »

I think he also wants to be the translator. Either way, Turin's advice is sound unless you only want one translation. Once you get set up on Berlios, torangan can walk you through it.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ok, now I get it.

Just follow my previous instructions, then ask torangan how you become a translator. Let him to all the po-update stuff. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

If you contact Torangan he will do all the nasty stuff for you. Also it is possible to have more than only the russian translation of your campaign. Have a look at http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesCamp for more info about this.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Like others told you already, it's very easy. Get your campaign into wescamp-i18n and afterwards, you'll only have to get the ru.po through gettext.wesnoth.org, fill in the translation, send it back to me and I'll create you the translation file to be included in your next release. :wink: