Map images translation in Simplified Chinese.

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gaojicainiao

Map images translation in Simplified Chinese.

Post by gaojicainiao »

[The two images were deleted by me. Take a look at the new images.]
Last edited by gaojicainiao on September 15th, 2019, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaojicainiao

Re: Map images translation in Simplified Chinese.

Post by gaojicainiao »

If this one is good. I will translate more map images for wesnoth.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Hi. My first impression was that some names are more clear than others. E.g. forest names are good, mountain names are not so distinct. However, English variant is similar in this regard. So, your map translation is great :D

P.S. Wesnoth Simplified Chinese has good coverage (95.78%) https://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/ However, "Descent into Darkness" campaign has only 22.74% lines translated https://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/?view=l ... lang=zh_CN I don't know if you are interested to translate that campaign, and I don't know if translator is currently working on it https://wiki.wesnoth.org/ChineseTranslation. Posting this just in case. You know, DiD is considered one of the best Wesnoth campaigns :)
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

sergey wrote: September 4th, 2019, 8:10 am I don't know if you are interested to translate that campaign, and I don't know if translator is currently working on it
I am interested in northerners only(And I can only play them well too). So I have no much interest in translating other factions' campaigns.
If nobody is working on translating DiD into Chinese, I may translate it.
But someone is working on translating DiD into Chinese now, and he works slowly recently.
I won't help him.
Why? You may not believe it. Actually, the more translators working on it, the speed of translating will get faster but the quality will be lower.The speed may also slow down, because it's easily to happen argument on how to translate some sentences. English is concise but Chinese is complex......
And, some translators just translate sentences one by one. They won't play the campaign or open .cfg files to check the story line and dialogs in detail.
Such as the Chinese translation of Heir To The Throne, there are a lot of mistakes in it.
Another one example.In Chinese, The "play" in "play a game record" and "play a game" is different. The translation of "continue play" button is a mistake and didn't correct even now...... :|
Whatever, I hope he can finish it with high quality.
sergey

Post by sergey »

It was interesting to hear that. I agree that several translators arguing about their work may make things worse. And perhaps it is better if a single person is working on that. Anyway, that's my opinion, I may be wrong.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

I forgot to tell you:
Unfortunately, most of Chinese translators quit translating for wesnoth...a long time ago.
https://wiki.wesnoth.org/ChineseTranslation
Click this link, you can see:
"This page was last edited on 16 May 2015, at 14:43."
The chat group is inactive...for a long time too. :(
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

You could try contacting the current maintainer so that you don't accidentally work on the same file at the same time, and then start by fixing the translation mistakes that annoy you.
sergey

Post by sergey »

gaojicainiao wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:40 pm https://wiki.wesnoth.org/ChineseTranslation
Click this link, you can see:
"This page was last edited on 16 May 2015, at 14:43."
However, latest commit on the github was made a few days ago https://github.com/CloudiDust/wesnoth-cn/commits/master
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

GunChleoc wrote: September 4th, 2019, 1:05 pm You could try contacting the current maintainer so that you don't accidentally work on the same file at the same time, and then start by fixing the translation mistakes that annoy you.
sergey wrote: September 4th, 2019, 1:19 pm However, latest commit on the github was made a few days ago
Wow, I need to learn to use github.....
Thank you for telling me. :D

I will contact him. Then keep working on translating map images.
I do believe that few translators can translate and make translation map images successfully.
Because the old script is not suitable for new versions of GIMP. I used a version of five years ago then made it successfully. :lol:
Also, no many Chinese have the ability to use GIMP skillfully.(Photo$hop is too famous.)
So I won't do the same work accidentally.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

I have contacted the translation maintainer. With his assistance, I have translated and made six map images.
Two of the other four have been translated and made by another translator last year.
I will finish translating and making the last two map images soon.
Attachments
死水地图翻译制作效果图.jpg
兽人入侵地图翻译制作效果图.jpg
黑眼之子地图翻译制作效果图.jpg
堕入黑暗地图翻译制作效果图.jpg
东部入侵地图翻译制作效果图.jpg
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

有没有中国玩家来看看新翻译制作的地图啊?
(Are there any Chinese players coming to see the newly translated maps?)
Attachments
韦弥尔传奇地图翻译制作效果图.jpg
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

南疆卫队地图翻译制作效果图.jpg
韦诺崛起地图翻译制作效果图.jpg
sergey

Post by sergey »

gaojicainiao wrote: September 15th, 2019, 9:53 am Are there any Chinese players coming to see the newly translated maps?
I wanted to suggest to ask in discord.. but there is no Chinese channel. Perhaps you could ask to create it?
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

sergey wrote: September 16th, 2019, 4:33 pm I wanted to suggest to ask in discord.. but there is no Chinese channel. Perhaps you could ask to create it?
No need. Don't mind it. :lol:
In fact, we have a Chinese forum on a Chinese website. It's more convenient for Chinese players.