Help with wmlxgettext

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pyrophorus

Help with wmlxgettext

Post by pyrophorus »

Hi !
I'm trying to run wmlxgettext (on Linux) and encountered many errors (directories and files missing). I tried to execute it in debugger but I'm not a python expert. Any help would be appreciated.

Friendly,
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Re: Help with wmlxgettext

Post by ivanovic »

pyrophorus wrote:Hi !
I'm trying to run wmlxgettext (on Linux) and encountered many errors (directories and files missing). I tried to execute it in debugger but I'm not a python expert. Any help would be appreciated.
You don't need any python for this script. Since it is written in perl. That is: Unless you say what exactly you are doing and what exactly your error messages are we won't be able to help you. Mostly wmlxgettext is *only* used in scripted ways as calls from the build systems to create new pot files. This means that it is not really meant to be used manually and might be rather strict regarding parameters as well as file-/directory structure.
AI
Developer

Re: Help with wmlxgettext

Post by AI »

There's two versions of wmlxgettext: the original perl script and a python rewrite. The python rewrite adds a lot of features, but also slowed it down so much that it isn't actually used.
Perl: utils/wmlxgettext
Python: data/tools/wmlxgettext