Asking to help for magyar nyelv on a PO file

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

SkyOne

Asking to help for magyar nyelv on a PO file

Post by SkyOne »

Hi,

I would like some help for Hungarian (magyar nyelv) translation for the new edition of the Fate of a Princess campaign (UMC). If anyone is able to help me, I will appreciate it really.

On the new edition, which is not on the server, yet, many of the dialogues have been edited by co-autor, Simons Mith. Incredibly, another co-author, mich, has created the new PO file for the campaign. Hungarian translation used to be done very close to 100%, but it went down to 55% on the new PO file. I actually know what and how the dialogues have been changed, so I tried to edit them on the PO file myself. (I failed to edit them on the .po.txt file.) Unfortunately; however, I am not Hungarian speaker, and it is very confusing for me to edit them. I have been only able to make it 6% up (currently, 61%).

I don't expect to translate all of them because some will still be changed in the future, especially on the unit descriptions. But I also do not want to waste the effort of the translator(s), who translated Hungarian before for the campaign. (unfortunately, we do not know who did it.) So what I am asking here is to fix just on the fuzzy parts which show as brown words on this PO file.

In fact, the most of changes on the fuzzy parts are very minor. The fixing may not be necessary for some of them on the Hungarian language. But I cannot make sure those by myself. Could anyone help me? Either PMing me and posting here will be welcome in the case.

Thanks
Attachments
Hungarian-po-file.zip
(106.53 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server

Simons Mith

Re: Asking to help for magyar nyelv on a PO file

Post by Simons Mith »

For the information of anyone considering looking at this, the next thing I am going to give attention to is the storyline text. This should all be done over the coming month, and I /hope/ to finish it inside the next couple of weeks. Then add a bit more time for SkyOne to review and process what I've done, and perhaps for me to revisit a few areas for a second pass.

I have also noticed a few typos that have not been caught (less than a dozen, at a guess), and I intend to add #po comments clarifying some of the dwarvish and saurian phrases. I also plan to add UTF-8 characters throughout - e.g. sexed quotes and the like - to follow the typography style guide. So I would say - any trivial corrections - things like punctuation, one changed word here or there, go ahead, anything more substantial, hold off, because there will be a block of bigger changes coming in a few weeks.

I think most of the scenarios are pretty much stable, as far as dialogue is concerned. I can't think of anything much that still needs attention, although I would like to add some more flavour text in a couple of places. The main exceptions are 'Common Enemy', and perhaps 'Childhood' where where there might be some slightly bigger changes.

Udi

Post by Udi »

Hi SkyOne, I'm the vice-coordinator of the Hungarian Wesnoth Translation. The translator who worked on it is kele, I will tell him about the changes, but you can pm him if you want. If the texts are still under development I think we should wait for a freeze, even with checking the fuzzy ones.

SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Udi wrote:Hi SkyOne, I'm the vice-coordinator of the Hungarian Wesnoth Translation. The translator who worked on it is kele, I will tell him about the changes, but you can pm him if you want. If the texts are still under development I think we should wait for a freeze, even with checking the fuzzy ones.
Hi Udi,

I really appreciate for noticing it.:smile:
I have been able to be in contact with kele. (thank you, kele.)

Thank you for working on the translations. (I know it is not easy work.:smile: )
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server