Arabic Translation

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dastompinata

Arabic Translation

Post by dastompinata »

Yo Im new to the forum though I've been playing Wesnoth for a little over a year. I'm trying to offer my services in whatever way possible and thought my rather limited education in Arabic might still be put to good use, if only as a copy-editor. But it seems to me that there is no ongoing Arabic translation program, the link to it lists only a head of the program and no other information. Anybody know whats goin on with this.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Re: Arabic Translation

Post by ivanovic »

Okay, so you have tried to mail the current maintainer listed here, right? There was no progress lately, so I assume that the translation is inactive if the listed maintainer does not reply to you mails. If you want to, you can now take over the translation, become the new maintainer (if you are the only translator, you are automatically the maintainer) and follow the info provided on the translation How-To site.
What you basically do is fetch the po files (various ways possible), translate a little either using any utf8 capable text editor as you please or some specific tool for manipulation of po files like eg poedit, kbable, gtranslator, ... Once you have something done that you want to see committed, mail it one of the addresses listed on the How-To page (since I already got the last ~5 new translation teams, please mail David).

If you got questions, feel free to ask them either in here, David via mail or in the IRC chan #wesnoth-dev on irc.freenode.net.