Translation in Romanian

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TRUJohn

Translation in Romanian

Post by TRUJohn »

I want to help translate the game in Romanian can someone please help me and tell me what i have to do and how?
MDG

Re: Translation in Romanian

Post by MDG »

I'm not part of the internationalisation team so all I can do is point you to the translations overview in the wiki and advise you to maybe skim through that and some of the links until someone like Ivanovic or Torangan (the two Internationalisation developers) has the time to provide clearer guidance. According to the link, there is no current Romanian maintainer for you to contact directly.

p.s. Welcome to the forums :D
TRUJohn

Post by TRUJohn »

Thanks for your help, that is the reason that i wanted to do this because Romanian has not contributed at all kinda shameful, but that is ok i am here now and that is all about to change:)
TRUJohn

Post by TRUJohn »

isn't there a way to contact someone who can talk to me about this? I tryed looking for contact but unfortunately i cant find the contact details.
MDG

Post by MDG »

This topic will have been seen by now and it's likely Ivanovic and/or Torangan will either post up here or PM you directly once they get the chance. Please be patient with them, there's no way of knowing what they're busy with elsewhere but, they'll be happy to have more translators for the project and I'm sure they'll get back to you fairly quickly.

p.s. just so you know, instead of double posting, you can edit your previous post if you need to. It's nothing too important the moderators just prefer to avoid multi-posting where possible. It's not a big deal though.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Well, actually it's quite easy. Just follow the directions on the GettextForTranslators page in the wiki. In short: fetch the .po files, translate them and send the results in. There's no active translator that I know of, so nobody to coordinate with. 1.6 series is starting right now, so you've got a nice target...
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
aghiuta

Post by aghiuta »

I can help you with the translation to Romanian.
I work as a translator and even though I have a lot of work right now I will help as soon as I get an opening.
@TRUJohn: PM me for contact details.
Djakal

Post by Djakal »

Hello am new to this forum but joined and posted here first because I wish to help with translation of the game in romanian language. I played it and saw incomplete romanian translations. I allready have thrown a glance at some strings and found some innacurate translations as well. I also work on a translation mod for another game called stellaris, so i could use a second translation project just to change the setting. I allso translated STALKER Shadow of Chernobil, thoug i did not release the translation yet, so i am no stranger to translating.

My questions are:
1) Is there someone still working at this translation because it is barely thouched?
2) If yes how many are there?
3) Whith hwo can i get in contact with (maintaner, translator or developer?).

Thank you,
A. G. Mihai :)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Translators are listed here, so you can try contacting the person listed there for Romanian. Translation updates are then sent to ivanovic for inclusion in the game.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code