Fair dinkum

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Fair dinkum

Post by Sangel »

G'day all. Now, I don't meant to chuck a wobbler, but I reckon it ain't fair dinkum there's no translation for us real Aussie battlers. I'm not too cheesed off or anything, so I don't wanna give you an earbashing, but we don't talk the same as you, so I reckon it's only fair we get our own translation. I could have a gander at it myself, probably have something whipped up in two shakes of a lamb's tails. I mean, you ain't gotta say yes, and sure, it'd be a kick in the teeth, but hey - no worries! She'll be right mate.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
skovbaer

:)

Post by skovbaer »

Sorry for the delayed reply... If you're serious about starting an Australian translation ( :P ) then by all means you can do so ;) Well, the question is, what'll Dave say about it? He's an Australian after all :)
- dk_skovbaer -
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

He'd probably correct my slang. I'm a Kiwi, after all. ;)
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Uhh...I'd have thought that an 'Olde English' translation would be far more in the feel of the game than an 'Aussie' translation :)

Course if someone wanted to do this, they'd be welcome to. It'll just sound somewhat out-of-place ;)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Oh, come on. Can't you just picture Konrad yelling "Out of my way, cobber!" as he takes his first swing? How about Kalenz muttering "Strewth" on the Princess's Revenge as the Undead bear down, and and Delfador returning "Still - no worries, eh mate?" And what about all those plans Delfador outlines at the start of each level? Wouldn't they sound a lot better if he finished with "... and Bob's your uncle"? ;)
skovbaer

Start translating :D

Post by skovbaer »

I'd really like to see such a translation :) It would add a nice, funny touch to the game imo...
So, are you going to start that translation? :)
- dk_skovbaer -
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I suppose I could... it would make an amusing Easter Egg... I might do it for Heir to the Throne when it's finally completed, as a "for your amusement only" thing.