Polish translation (polskie tlumaczenie)

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForPeace

Re: Polish translation (polskie tlumaczenie)

Post by ForPeace »

Jarom wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 11:38 am Próbowałem zrobić właściwą strukturę folderów, trochę mniej wygodnie mi się z tym pracuje, ale też mniej niewygodnie niż sądziłem.
Dziękuję :)
Jarom wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 11:38 am Jeżeli chodzi o przecinki to przyznaję się do wyjątkowo dużych braków w tym zakresie (wstawiam je tam gdzie mi się wydaje że powinny być, gdzie ja bym wstawił pauzę przy czytaniu), dlatego będę wdzięczny jeżeli tą partię tłumaczeń też przejrzysz, zwłaszcza pod tym kątem.
Ok, przejrzę.
Jarom wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 11:38 am Ile mniej więcej zajęłoby czekanie na przerzucenie stringów ze stable do dev od wysłania stable? Parę dni czy bliżej miesiąca?
Kilka dni, to zależy wyłącznie od tego jak szybko prześlę to ivanovicowi i jak szybko ivanovic zrobi commita.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
Jarom
Location: Green Isle, Irdya or Poland, Earth - I'm not quite sure

Post by Jarom »

Jeszcze Młot Thursagana (stable, o ile dobrze pamiętam):
wesnoth-thot.zip
(60.51 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Poczekam na przerzucenie stringów do dev i zrobię dev.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Jarom wrote: October 31st, 2020, 5:10 pm sota
Apologies that I didn't ask until it had already been translated, but for SotA's recruitment dialog would it be better for the source code to have the full string for each recruitable unit type? At the moment it makes strings like "Walking Corpse (Human)" by using the core "Walking Corpse" following by SotA's "(Human)", and I've opened #5276 which would change this to having "Walking Corpse (Human)", etc in SotA. The main reason for the PR was that to work out how to translate "Swimming Corpse", which is shown for both nagas and merfolk.
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

octalot wrote: November 11th, 2020, 8:47 pm Apologies that I didn't ask until it had already been translated, but for SotA's recruitment dialog would it be better for the source code to have the full string for each recruitable unit type? At the moment it makes strings like "Walking Corpse (Human)" by using the core "Walking Corpse" following by SotA's "(Human)", and I've opened #5276 which would change this to having "Walking Corpse (Human)", etc in SotA. The main reason for the PR was that to work out how to translate "Swimming Corpse", which is shown for both nagas and merfolk.
I think full strings give translators more flexibility so it's fine :) Although it won't affect the way it's translated in Polish, for some languages it might make translating easier.

I would like to hear Jarom's opinion as he translated new dev strings for SotA.

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
Jarom

Post by Jarom »

I think full strings will be better, because they provide context (rn I'm not even sure if my translation there is right) and allow for more flexibility. Translating those again won't be a problem at all, it takes less than writing this reply to do it from scratch. I agree that from programmer's POV separating those and using already existing translation seems like a much better solution, but here's a good explanation why it might not.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Thanks for the feedback, those will change to full strings for 1.15.7.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

There's a new translation-checker tool in progress in #4436. Findings for 1.16:

In the add-ons manager, the "Order" drop-down uses the translations of "ascending" and "descending" instead of "newest to oldest" and "oldest to newest". These still work (I can't read the language, so don't know if it looks right), because the C++ code defines both $order and $datelike_order when translating these strings, so it gives "Ostatnia aktualizacja (malejąco)" instead of "Ostatnia aktualizacja (od najnowszych do najstarszych)".

Code: Select all

In po/wesnoth-lib/pl.po:
'addons_order^Last updated ($datelike_order)': '$order' in msgstr but not in msgid
'addons_order^Last updated ($datelike_order)': '$datelike_order' not in msgstr while in msgid
'addons_order^First uploaded ($datelike_order)': '$order' in msgstr but not in msgid
'addons_order^First uploaded ($datelike_order)': '$datelike_order' not in msgstr while in msgid
All the rest are in po/wesnoth/pl.po.

The string mountain village labels has been cut&pasted as the string for mountain labels:

#. [village_naming]
#. Generator for mountain labels in random maps; see <https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Context-free_grammar> for syntax and <https://wiki.wesnoth.org/MapGeneratorWML#The_Default_Generator> for variables summary
#: data/english.cfg:120
msgid ""
"\n"
"\t\tsuffix=ham|bury|ton|mont|mont|cliff|cliff\n"
"\t\tmain=$base{!}{suffix}\n"
"\t"
msgstr ""
"\n"
"\t\tprefix=$base{!}|$mountain{!}\n"
"\t\tsuffix=ów|owa|owy Szczyt|owy Wierch|owy Wierch|owa Góra|owa Góra\n"
"\t\tmain={prefix}{suffix}\n"
"\t"
The translations of ($remaining_turns turns left) need to use $remaining_turns instead of %d.

The translation of Connecting to $server_address|... has the typo $server_adress.

The translation of The add-on contains files or directories with case conflicts.\n\nNames in the same directory may not be differently-cased versions of each other. is cut & pasted from the translation of The add-on <i>$addon_title</i> contains files or directories with case .... They're two separate strings, only one defines the $addon_title when showing the message.

Strings where the English text got split into separate strings to add newlines:

'Missing closing tag for tag [$tag]': '$pos' in msgstr but not in msgid
'Found invalid closing tag [/$tag2] for tag [$tag1]': '$pos' in msgstr but not in msgid
"Value: '$value' Previous: '$previous_value'": '$error' in msgstr but not in msgid
"Value: '$value' Previous: '$previous_value'": '$pos' in msgstr but not in msgid
Finally, a few that seem to be issues with the C++ code rather than the translation, included here just to say that they've been looked at. #6034 has the details of the "minimun starting gold" one.

"Part of 'Units sighted! (...)' sentence^1 friendly": '$friends' in msgstr[0] but not in msgid
"Part of 'Units sighted! (...)' sentence^1 enemy": '$enemies' in msgstr[0] but not in msgid
'You will start the next scenario with the defined minimum starting gold.': '$gold' in msgstr[1] but not in msgid_plural
'You will start the next scenario with the defined minimum starting gold.': '$gold' in msgstr[2] but not in msgid_plural
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

@octalot: Thank you for reporting, I'll have a look at these :). I am afraid it's too late to fix it in the upcoming release, but I'll do my best to get it done for the next one :)

Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

Could you fix this string in add-ons window:
Nie zainstalowany > Niezainstalowany
Jarom

Post by Jarom »

Wesbane wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:47 am Could you fix this string in add-ons window:
Nie zainstalowany > Niezainstalowany
Fixed in the attached zip (wesnoth-lib). Will be shipped with next Wesnoth update if nothing goes wrong, I presume.

Brawa dla Deidary za wesnoth-sotbe. Nie sprawdzałem poprawności, ale nie ma już nic do przetłumaczenia ani fuzzy.
Attachments
wesnoth-pl.zip
(547.72 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Nalianora

Post by Nalianora »

Cześć. Jestem zielona w sprawie rozszerzeń plików, ale za to mam skończone studia edytorskie i chciałabym się przyłączyć do tłumaczenia tej gry, więc gdyby ktoś zechciał mnie poinstruować, jak się poruszać w waszym świecie tłumaczeń, to ja bardzo chętnie pomogę. :)
Jarom

Post by Jarom »

Odpowiedziałem już dokładniej na discordzie, ale powtórzę najważniejsze rzeczy:
https://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/?view=l ... er&lang=pl
Stąd bierzemy tłumaczenia, ewentualnie ze stable (warto pamiętać z której bierzemy)
Pobieramy, tłumaczymy np. w Poedicie, pakujemy i wysyłamy do Ivanovica.
W razie wątpliwości piszemy tu lub na polskim kanale na discordzie (chyba lepiej tam).
Kapiork

Post by Kapiork »

Witam. Specjalnie przeczytałem całą dyskusję od pierwszej strony żeby się upewnić, że moja propozycja już kiedyś nie padła i została odrzucona.

Czy mógłby mi ktoś wyjaśnić, skąd wziął się pomysł, żeby "przetłumaczyć" (jeżeli to tak można w ogóle nazwać) Ghast na Graveir? Rozumiem, że poprawne przetłumaczenie ghast w kontekście wielkiego potwora (a nie ducha, ewentualnie kanciastej, latającej meduzy :D ) jest dość wymagające. Nie jestem jednak pewien, dlaczego zdecydowano się użyć innej nazwy angielskiej. Jeżeli mogę, to chciałbym zaproponować nową nazwę dla trzeciopoziomowego Ghula: "Trupior", ewentualnie "Trupiór" (bo trup + upiór, ale to mogłoby się kojarzyć z ulepszeniem Ducha z mieczem).

Zastanawiałem się też nad zmianą Zjawy na "Nocną Marę" (bo w oryginale jest "Nightgaunt") albo po prostu "Marę", ale z tego co pamiętam ten temat już był podejmowany z niewielkim skutkiem, więc nie będę się specjalnie wysilał, żeby ta zmiana została wprowadzona. Poza tym Zjawa pasuje całkiem nieźle.
Chapter V of "How to suck at life"
Jarom

Post by Jarom »

Z tego co rozumiem, zostały nazwane po podobnej istocie (wariancie ghula) z wiedźmina. Logiczne, tym bardziej że wiedźmin jest polską książką.
Trupior i trupiór przynajmniej mi się trochę jednak za bardzo kojarzą z chodzącym trupem, w przeciwieństwie do trupojada, który wyraźnie zaznacza odrębność (tak jak mrówka - mrówkiur? - mrówkojad).

Nazwy duchów i bandytów w teorii mogłyby być bardziej dostosowane do angielskich orginałów... Ale w praktyce sporą część osób grających z polskim tłumaczeniem nie interesuje spójność z orginałem, tylko czy po polsku te nazwy się dobrze kojarzą z jednostkami i ich wyglądem oraz charakterem, oraz żeby nie były do siebie wzajemnie zbyt podobne. Dodatkowy bonus jeżeli są krótkie. Na tym gruncie cień -> zjawa lepiej kojarzy się ze znikającymi/skradającymi się duchami niż mara/koszmar/nocny prześladowca.
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

Witam wszystkich zainteresowanych, jako że poproszono mnie o przekazanie informacji że translacja jest obecnie koordynowana (co sam robię częściowo) na oficjalnym discordzie battle for wesnoth (a o czym sam nie pomyślałem) na forach to to też robię. Obecnie staramy się lecieć po 100%-owe tłumaczenie więc chętnych zapraszamy do pomocy. 8)