A Vision Blinded, S2 - Following the Trail

Post replays of User Made Content scenarios and campaigns here. If the scenario was played on the official multiplayer server, please link to the replay available here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

A Vision Blinded, S2 - Following the Trail

Post by Konrad2 »

All Scenarios of AVB

Scenario 1 - Skirmish

Scenario 3 - Surprise Attack

(1) Wesnoth version:
(for example, 1.14.6)

(2) Version of AVB:
(for example, 1.2.5; as shown in the add-on manager unless you updated the campaign since playing this scenario; if you are unsure, write older than current version)

(3) Difficulty:
(for example, Horseman (Beginner); shown by the Load dialog in-game)

(4) Modifications used:
(for example, Healer XP Mod or none; only Mods impacting gameplay are meant)

(5) How many times did you restart the scenario from the beginning:
(for example 5 or I don't remember is also valid)

(6) How many times did you load to the start of the current turn or to an earlier turn during the scenario:
(the examples above work here as well)

(7) Comments about the scenario or replay, but that's very optional.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: A Vision Blinded, S2 - Following the Trail

Post by Konrad2 »

(1) Wesnoth version:

(2) Version of AVB:
Older than 1.0.20

(3) Difficulty:
Hard

(4) Modifications used:
None

I don't remember.

(6) How many times did you load to the start of the current turn or to an earlier turn during the scenario:
I don't remember.
Attachments
AVB-Following the Trail replay.gz
(27.86 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

(1) Wesnoth version:
1.16.1+dev

(2) Version of AVB:

(3) Difficulty:
Normal

(4) Modifications used:
None

I recruited horse-riders to scout both west and north. That extra movement meant that I triggered the first encounter at on turn 3 (second watch) instead of dawn; a bunch of orcs with +25% ToD bonus, close enough that they will get an attack this turn. Decided to form a defensive formation at the cost of putting some units on poor terrain, although in the end the one of the two elves who died was on forest.

I thought that I'd picked up a hint from the dialogue that the orcs will scatter when their leader dies, and that I should try to get XP. So on turn 6, I grab as much XP as I can and attack with almost all of my units before killing the leader. That event spawns 2 L2 + 1 L1 orcish assassins in the middle of my troops.

I assume triggering the encounter early with a scout wasn't anticipated in the campaign design, but the second surprise makes me feel that the campaign punishes players trying to pick up hints from the dialogue. So I'm not restarting, I'm just moving on to another campaign.

Edit: the campaign maintainer replied in https://r.wesnoth.org/p669259
Attachments
AVB-Following the Trail-Autospeichern7.gz
(29.27 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Hoki

Post by Hoki »

(1) Wesnoth version:

(2) Version of AVB:

(3) Difficulty:
Enchantress (Normal)

(4) Modifications used:
None

1 - On first run I activated the spawning orcs on my last move while all my troops were scattered. I tried to play it anyway but the losses were terrible. Tried reloading the next turn a couple of time without much more success so I restarted from the start.

4 times on the first run, reloaded the turn after the Orcs spawn to try to minimize damages. No success so restarted from scratch. No reload during second run

(7) Comments about the scenario or replay, but that's very optional.

Very tricky the spawn of the 2 factions when you play this for the first time. Once you replay and you know it's coming it's manageable,

Special mention to Belle, the Elf Shaman who failed to slow the leader orcish warlord but lived to tell the tale by dodging an Orcish Warlord and an Orcish Grunt (I really thought this one was a goner)
Attachments
AVB-Following the Trail replay.gz
(31.49 KiB) Downloaded 29 times