iOS Ver 1.14.13 Remote Host Disconnected

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

elzorro

iOS Ver 1.14.13 Remote Host Disconnected

Post by elzorro »

Hello All,

I do not know if I am an isolated case but I am running Wesnoth on iPadPro and whenever I try to connect to the Add-ons server the iPad has a Remote host disconnected error. Please see attached screen capture. The application does not crash. The resolution is not the best for I was trying to upload the strict minimum.
IMG_0144.PNG
IMG_0144.PNG (472.87 KiB) Viewed 4829 times
IMG_0145.PNG
IMG_0145.PNG (474.59 KiB) Viewed 4829 times

It has been some months during which I do not use the Add-ons feature to download new campaigns. On the 21/08/21 I did managed to download a campaign - a Beastly Tale. On the way back on the train I tried to download others but the internet connection was poor. I did manage to download another add-on for which I do not remember the exact name but the plot was that a female mage and a male fencer are sent to a town in the north to help a threatened village in a no man’s land.

Please see below the version related information

Code: Select all

iPad Pro 4th Generation
iOs Version 14.7.1
Wesnoth iOS Application Ver 1.14.13
I reinstalled the application on the iPadPro; I tried to use the Add-on feature from an AirPad and I cleared the cache memory but the situation remains the same.

Does someone have any suggestions as to how circumvent the issue at hand?
IMG_0146.PNG
IMG_0146.PNG (456.16 KiB) Viewed 4829 times
Peer's Law:
The solution to the problem only changes the problem.
shirleybosse

Re: iOS Ver 1.14.13 Remote Host Disconnected

Post by shirleybosse »

It could be a bug in the server.
elzorro

Post by elzorro »

Hello Shirleybosse,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought of this possibility for the issue seems to be lasting for almost a week but I can’t test this theory alone.

Do you have the difficulties to access this server?

El Zorro
Peer's Law:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hello elzorro,

I don't have an iPad or any iOS device, so I don't have a technical solution, but have you tried using the website interface?
https://addons.wesnoth.org/

You can download addons and manually move them to wherever your userdata is located. To find out where that is, open preferences menu within the game, and click the little "i" button in the lower-left corner.

(BTW, I suspect shirleybosse is a sleeper spam account)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
elzorro

Post by elzorro »

Hello Doofus-01,

Thanks for your reply and your Bad Moon Rising campaign.

From my iPad Safari I was able to reach the server in question but getting files to given location probably needs me to fiddle with iTunes which probably one of the most awful applications which I have ever used. I do not have the patience to get it to work with my work laptop.

This got me thinking about our latest company Cyber Security policy which urges all mobile devices using company applications to pass via a VPN from Microsoft Defender for Enpoint.

Hallelujah! If VPN is disabled, I can access the add-on server!

Once again Peer’s Law is proven true: The solution to the problem changes the problem.

:D
Peer's Law: