iOS update is on the way.

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

iOS update is on the way.

Post by singalen »

A somewhat belated (sorry!) update for iOS is in progress.

I'm working on a couple of known bugs:

* When opening Add-Ons screen, if a certain (unknown) add-on is installed, the game crashes.
Known to reproduce on iPad Air 2, maybe on other hardware too. A workaround is to reinstall the game. Save files should be preserved in iCloud (see known bug 2), but add-ons will need to be reinstalled.
If someone is kind enough to tell which add-ons they installed before the crash, it would be great.
If someone is even more kind to reinstall them one-by-one and report the offending add-on(s), this will likely resolve the matter.

* Save files in iCloud are lost sometimes. Well, not really lost, but become invisible because of index file synchronization conflict.

* The promised classic control schema (like in the Legacy version) is more difficult than it seemed. Not sure if it can be delivered soon.
Thaurin

Re: iOS update is on the way.

Post by Thaurin »

Will the game also be updated to 1.14.17, or 1.16.0 when it gets released? Thanks!
tomatoeggs

Post by tomatoeggs »

New player here, I tried out Wesnoth on my iPhone for the first time last week and the game is fantastic!

Very grateful to know that a fix for the "Save files in iCloud are lost sometimes." issue is in the works; this bug rendered the game unplayable for me, as I couldn't pick up where I had left off. (Though, also good to know that the saves aren't actually lost.)

Thank you!
Widebhoy

Post by Widebhoy »

Any update on when the iCloud index file sync conflict will be resolved, of if there is a workaround? Half way through a long campaign and unable to continue and now I have to do actual real work!
KirklandMan

Post by KirklandMan »

“Any update on when the iCloud index file sync conflict will be resolved, of if there is a workaround?” I don’t know if it’s the same issue, but my phone randomly moves saves to iCloud. I have to go to Files>iCloud>Wesnoth>Saves and click them to restore them to my phone.
glechik11

Post by glechik11 »

Hi! I'am i iOS engeneer and i love this game, can i help you with development>?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I'd suggest joining Wesnoth's IRC or Discord if you're interested.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Chunk40517

Post by Chunk40517 »

Hey I love this game but nowadays I can’t play on my pc and resort to playing on my phone is there going to be another update soon because there isn’t anyone on multiplayer on iOS anymore and now the add-ons server isn’t working anymore just curious because I have played more on the app recently than on the pc
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

The iOS port is unmaintained at this point, due to there no longer being anyone to maintain it.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code