Crash in 1.14.11 context menu

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Crash in 1.14.11 context menu

Post by singalen »

I’ve submitter 1.14.11 to AppStore a few hours ago. It should have the context menu bug fixed.

I have also withdrawn and re-submitted the bundle. It was stuck in Apple review for some their technical reasons. They have questions for the bundle, but because of their technical issues I cannot even know what those are. Maybe we will have a better luck this time.
Sir_Emental

Re: iOS port update: 1.14.8 and 1.14.9

Post by Sir_Emental »

singalen wrote: February 27th, 2020, 8:59 pm I’ve submitter 1.14.11 to AppStore a few hours ago. It should have the context menu bug fixed.

I have also withdrawn and re-submitted the bundle. It was stuck in Apple review for some their technical reasons. They have questions for the bundle, but because of their technical issues I cannot even know what those are. Maybe we will have a better luck this time.
Thanks for the rollback, but now the game instantly crashes to desktop as soon as I try to recruit. https://imgur.com/VeeSKCI
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Oh no. What is your hardware?
Sir_Emental

Post by Sir_Emental »

singalen wrote: February 28th, 2020, 5:52 am Oh no. What is your hardware?
iPhone X, iOS 13.3. I tried restarting my phone and I managed to recruit three units without a crash, but on the fourth one, it happened anyway.
Setzer

Post by Setzer »

Same. I just bought this game a few weeks ago and have loved playing it so much I stopped playing everything else. Since the update it crashes as soon as I recruit even if I start a new game. Just made an account on here to say I am having the same problem so it’s not an isolated issue. Thanks for any help fixing this, can’t wait to keep playing.
guileosoft

Post by guileosoft »

Idem, just bought. Unable to use it, always crashing..
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Sorry. What is your hardware?
Does it crash for you the same way as for the previous report, in the context menu, or some other way?

I see 9 crash reports in Apple reporting, which means that there were at least 5 times more. Working on this one.
*edit*: I'm pretty sure I found the problem, testing a fix now.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Fix for the crash is ready, but now the app didn't pass Apple review because HD version has the same icon as old iPhone version.
Rebuilding old app is very complicated, it doesn't build on modern Xcode for multiple reasons.
Will update the icon in the new app and re-submit.

The bundle was also rejected, but after a few emails to Apple support we can finally see the reason and address it (it's trivial, the bundle name).
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

iOS version with a fixed context menu crash released.
Apple had fixed our account, and now I could actually see the bundle rejection reason.
The reason for a bundle to be rejected was that the recent (HD) version and the old version had the same icon. Thanks Vultraz for helping figure out how to update the icon.
The bundle is re-submitted for review again.