Drop down buttons unclickable on Mobile IOS

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bert_Perfect

Drop down buttons unclickable on Mobile IOS

Post by Bert_Perfect »

I just downloaded the game and all of the buttons are unclickable in the drop downs. If I tap I can see they highlight so it registers I’m pressing but nothing happens. If I click 100 times it will work but that’s insanely infuriating. Suggestions?

I’m an iPhone 8+ with the newest iOS and newest version of wesnoth from the AppStore.
Hechte

Re: Drop down buttons unclickable on Mobile IOS

Post by Hechte »

I had a lot of trouble with this at first too. It seems to just prefer a quick tap. Don’t give up, it gets easier with pretty minimal practice!
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Sorry. It’s a known issue in the latest version, a game gets stuck in an undesired state if certain menu actions timing happened.

It usually goes away after a restart.

Update is coming in a couple of days.
Sir_Emental

Post by Sir_Emental »

Hi, when I came here looking for solution to the same bug, I didn’t expect such a high levels of support from the developers, great job! Anyway, the game is literally unplayable now, is there some kind of ETA on an update? Also, I read changelogs for iOS version and I’m not sure if I understood correctly that reworked GUI is in the works, together with zoom in possibility? Thank you for your great work Singalen, you are doing a great part in keeping this awesome game still alive after all those years.
Hechte

Post by Hechte »

It’s really not unplayable. Try a quick tap.
Sir_Emental

Post by Sir_Emental »

Hechte wrote: February 24th, 2020, 12:56 am It’s really not unplayable. Try a quick tap.
I tried a lot of different taps, it really is unplayable for me. Fast taps, double taps, not working. It works on every 30th tap, give or take.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Restarting the app should fix it, does it?
It reproduced for me once, but then never again.
Anyway, version with a rolled back change is in beta already. Coming soon to AppStore.
Sir_Emental

Post by Sir_Emental »

singalen wrote: February 24th, 2020, 10:09 pm Restarting the app should fix it, does it?
Anyway, version with a rolled back change is in beta already. Coming soon to AppStore.
Nope, I tried everything. Turning off mods, countless restarts of the app, trying if the bug would appear in different game modes, switching languages, nothing works. Good to hear rollback is happening, appreciate it.
benjamin2QR

Post by benjamin2QR »

Restarting the app should fix it, does it?
Would be great to have that beta already.

NOTE: This was a spambot. I've kept the post solely because singalen responded to it already. — Iris
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

We have already went through a circle with the AppStore version: unclickable context menu, then a crashing version, then unclickable context menu again.
What's sad is that it seems to reproduce only for certain users. So far, I know of iPhone X problem.
I need to buy one, finally :D
Do you by chance have an iPhone X or other high-DPI device? I feel this may have something to do with the DPI.
Hechte

Post by Hechte »

It works for me on iPhone X
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

I've submitted a test version to TestFlight. Those testers who could reproduce the problem, please try it once the version passes the review.
edit: I got a confirmation that latest experimental fix from TestFlight resolved the problem with a context menu.
A fixed version will be sent to review today or tomorrow.