Wesnoth continuously crashing on large map (iOS 10.2.1)

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Beastvold

Wesnoth continuously crashing on large map (iOS 10.2.1)

Post by Beastvold »

I'm playing on an iPad Air (MD787LL/A) running iOS 10.2.1. I have the latest version of Wesnoth.

I'm playing the campaign "The South Guard" on the map "Choice in the Fog." After turn 8, the game will continuously crash at seeming random times - scrolling on the map, selecting a unit, or moving a unit. I have to restart the app, and it will crash on some other action, never the same thing twice. This is the first time I've encountered crashing after playing the tutorial and first two full campaigns.

I'm wondering if it is the size of the map, that the game is trying to keep track of too many things at once? I know I'm using an iPad that is several years old, and I'm not running the latest OS version (and I'd prefer not to update because of other issues with other apps). Is this a known issue, or is there steps I can take to resolve?

Thanks!
Ben
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Re: Wesnoth continuously crashing on large map (iOS 10.2.1)

Post by singalen »

Sorry for the bugs and for late reply, and thanks for reporting!
A new version is coming in days, hopefully it's fixed there. TSG is an entry campaign that is obliged to run smoothly.

It's not a memory strain, iPad Air is a pretty good hardware, Wesnoth used to run on much weaker computers.
Ahdavies

Re: Wesnoth continuously crashing on large map (iOS 10.2.1)

Post by Ahdavies »

I have exact same problem. Was this ever resolved?