IPAD 2

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Salex

IPAD 2

Post by Salex »

New version 1.13 IOS 7.1 Wesnoth HD

When I down load an add on, it says it's installed but I cannot find it in the multiplayer I only have the base era's instead, when I downloaded it the first time it was there, but when I logout the game and later went to play again it wasn't so it happens when you leave the game altogether

Also on IPAD 2 you have to uncheck "Animated Map and Animated water" or the game suffers horrible shuddering and eventually crashes.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Re: IPAD 2

Post by singalen »

Thanks for reporting the problem!
Indeed, these things need to be fixed.
Fixing it in a nearest update.
Salex

Post by Salex »

singalen wrote:Thanks for reporting the problem!
Indeed, these things need to be fixed.
Fixing it in a nearest update.
Do you know when the next update will be not being able to download add-on's and keeping them is a big deal.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Salex wrote:Do you know when the next update will be not being able to download add-on's and keeping them is a big deal.
Soon. It's one of my first priorities. Definitely sooner than the last update interval :)
My estimation is a week, but no promises.
Salex

Post by Salex »

singalen wrote:
Salex wrote:Do you know when the next update will be not being able to download add-on's and keeping them is a big deal.
Soon. It's one of my first priorities. Definitely sooner than the last update interval :)
My estimation is a week, but no promises.
ok thank you, it looks great btw good job, but those 2 bugs I mentioned are huge.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

BTW what add-on was it?
I tried Era of Chaos - it remained after restart.
It might be an upstream bug or era bug -- it's 1.13, after all.

I hope, after turning off the animations, it's playable? It's a matter of defaults, though, first impression matters.
I registered a bug for a better defaults on a weaker devices.
Salex

Post by Salex »

singalen wrote:BTW what add-on was it?
I tried Era of Chaos - it remained after restart.
It might be an upstream bug or era bug -- it's 1.13, after all.

I hope, after turning off the animations, it's playable? It's a matter of defaults, though, first impression matters.
I registered a bug for a better defaults on a weaker devices.
I downloaded exactly that and grafted Era and 2 others to make sure, they install and everything but when I restart I cannot choose the era in the multiplayer as if it's not installed although I go to check and they are installed.

Yes I unchecked animate water and map and it's much better after that.

In addtion** I downloaded a Campaign and it installed and stayed after restart so it seems it's with the Era's
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Tried it.
I got an error message after running Grafted Era for the first time, and it never showed up afterwards.
That's an era bug, reported it to the author: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25804&p=618323#p618323
Salex

Post by Salex »

singalen wrote:Tried it.
I got an error message after running Grafted Era for the first time, and it never showed up afterwards.
That's an era bug, reported it to the author: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25804&p=618323#p618323
I don't know, it's not working for me. Like I said, it installs fine, and I can run the said Era as long as I don't leave the app aka restart it if I do when I go back to play the era it's not there, but it's still in my library.
Salex

Post by Salex »

Yes the Grafted Era is not working same thing happened to me sorry I mix that with another Era.

Ok I downloaded every different type of Add-on, all are fine accept the MP Era, so frustrating - something happens when I restart the app that it removes it from the Multiplayer selection..again I see it downloaded it just doesn't show up in the selection I can only play the era if I don't restart app crazy.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Moved to the new iOS Support forum.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Salex

Post by Salex »

actually their are addtional problems I downloaded a map pack 2 days ago it was fine, today I logged on and they were missing like the MP Eras are, then I restarted the game twice and they were there.

Seems to me when you start the game and it starts trying to verify cache and add ons it's might nit be reliable in doing that.
Salex

Post by Salex »

Maybe this helps I found a way to recover the MP Eras, in multiplayer mode I have to scroll to campaign click on it as of I'm going to play that mode in multiplayer then cancel, when I come back to choosing which Era they reappear but still when restart they go away, of course it's absurd to continue doing that process everytime thanks.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Can you please once again tell, what addon (map pack) you used?

I might be unable to help you, if I don't have an exact steps to reproduce this bug.

Speaking of your review on iTunes... apparently, we need to lock out animated map and water on the ancient hardware at all. This will rid us of some bad reviews :D
Salex

Post by Salex »

singalen wrote:Can you please once again tell, what addon (map pack) you used?

I might be unable to help you, if I don't have an exact steps to reproduce this bug.

Speaking of your review on iTunes... apparently, we need to lock out animated map and water on the ancient hardware at all. This will rid us of some bad reviews :D
ok it's not just map pack it's all add-on's when I download anything it will download and install as per normal, I can even play it as soon as I download it this goes for all add-on accept campaigns they seem to stay. After I restart the app again everything is gone.

I've downloaded Unlimited Random campaigns, Era of Chaos, Era of Myths, Era of Ageless , Era of water or something like that, I think I know where the issue is when the verifying cache and searching for installed add'ons happens, 2x I went to play a multiplayer game (local host) I choose Campaign instead of the other choices, I then canceled and went back to the home multiplayer screen and everything was there all that I downloaded, but alas went I restarted it went away.

Again they're installed on my IPAD for some reason it does not show up in the multiplayer screen for my choosing.