Scenario 17: Mortality

Feedback for the mainline campaign Secrets of the Ancients.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

max_torch
Inactive Developer

Re: Scenario 17: Mortality

Post by max_torch »

beetlenaut wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 1:14 am Okay, I don't see a compelling reason why only two of them should be able to level up, and others of the same unit type shouldn't. I wouldn't be interested in changing that.

I didn't spend a lot of time on the death messages, so it's likely that they could be improved. But, if either leaders gets killed, then they definitely did not achieve their goal.
Ive seen this proposal for SotA more than once already. The way I see it, it is a reflection that Ardonna is really actually generous about sharing power. She's willing to teach anyone how to become just as powerful as her. This is why in this particular campaign everyone can become ancient liches. Because Ardonna is cool like that.
Last edited by max_torch on October 27th, 2023, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Scenario 17: Mortality

Post by beetlenaut »

max_torch wrote: September 27th, 2021, 5:47 pm Ardonna is really actually generous about sharing power.
Yes, that's right. (She's also not evil, she just gets treated like she is, and it makes her sad. This is intentionally different from Malin Keshar who ends up petty, angry, and vengeful when he is treated as evil.)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide