Addon Idea - zombiecalypse

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shevegen

Addon Idea - zombiecalypse

Post by shevegen »

With the Coronoavirus currently annoying lots of people, I thought ... how about a campaign, an add-on that integrates
SOME ideas from that? Note: I do not mean a 1:1 copy, but things that are found elsewhere.

Example:

"infect" -> infect a unit with a weapon, then when it dies, spawn an undead or something similar. Wacraft3 had this too for
some unit types e. g. some level 6 hero.

Zombies are always fun, though a bit crappy. Anyone wants to come up with some more ideas for a zombiecalypse?

I don't fully expect this to become an add-on campaign per se, but perhaps other people can get useful ideas for
their own campaign.

There are already a few add-ons that have an "infect" idea, as an after-life effect. E. g. some units that die, then
respawn an undead after the first death.
lhybrideur

Re: Addon Idea - zombiecalypse

Post by lhybrideur »

Infect exists in LotI as a weapon special. The attack poisons the enemy and when it dies, because of the poison or not, it becomes an undead.
Major_Swampy

Re: Addon Idea - zombiecalypse

Post by Major_Swampy »

shevegen wrote: March 16th, 2020, 8:29 pm "infect" -> infect a unit with a weapon, then when it dies, spawn an undead or something similar. Wacraft3 had this too for
some unit types e. g. some level 6 hero.
There are already a few add-ons that have an "infect" idea, as an after-life effect. E. g. some units that die, then
respawn an undead after the first death.
lhybrideur wrote: March 17th, 2020, 12:34 pm Infect exists in LotI as a weapon special. The attack poisons the enemy and when it dies, because of the poison or not, it becomes an undead.
According to LotI Ablities' page:
Infect: The target of this weapon specials becomes poisoned in a special way: if it dies from this toxin or is killed while affected by it, it becomes a Walking Corpse.
Greater Infect: The target of this weapon specials becomes poisoned in a special way: if it dies from this toxin or is killed while affected by it, it becomes a Soulless.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)