How about showing your worst luck in game?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gaojicainiao

How about showing your worst luck in game?

Post by gaojicainiao »

嘿同志们!
通常你打赢就高兴,打输就不开心。那我们何不展示一下自己在游戏里最惨的时刻呢?好缓解一下我们不好的情绪,是吧? :lol:
比比我们的运气(造成的伤害和受到的伤害),看谁的最孬! :mrgreen:
我先来!
——————
Hey comrades!
Usually when you win, you are happy. When you lose, you feel sad. So why don't we show our worst time in game? By this way, we can relieve our bad emotion, right? :lol:
Compare our "inflicted damage" and "taken damage", and see who's luck is the worst! :mrgreen:
I will be the first!
——————
Attachments
干不过骑马的(Can't defeat units who riding horses, inflicted-19%,taken+2%).gz
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
打剑客海惨输(Defeated to fight with plenty of fencers, inflicted-15%,taken+6%).gz
(24.08 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
Poison

Re: How about showing your worst luck in game?

Post by Poison »

I've had -26 , +9 once but I haven't kept the replay, I remember it though. Maybe I can find it.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

Poison wrote: March 6th, 2020, 3:33 pm I've had -26 , +9 once but I haven't kept the replay, I remember it though. Maybe I can find it.
I feel extreme pity for you. :augh:
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

Come on...Though I am a Chinese, the plague won't spread along the Internet data cables......
otzenpunk

Post by otzenpunk »

I don't remember what was the worst ever, probably haven't even noticed back then. But recently I've got -6/+20.
Attachments
HttT-Der Hafen von Schwarzwasser replay.gz
(21.21 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
sergey

Post by sergey »

Recently 2 of my dark adepts missed all 4 attacks. Such situation has 0,81% chance (about 1 out of 125). And only one hit was required to finish the enemy. It wasn't a big problem though since it was finished on the next turn.

I saw replays with up to 40% difference (like total inflicted -20%, taken +20%)
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

I stopped checking stats a while ago. If you play often I guarantee "poor luck" will be something you get used to. Play games like World Conquest II on nightmare and you may learn how to grade units according to which you may want to survive and which you wouldn't mind losing. Then you can be able to attack with units you dont mind losing before committing THAT special unit :)
Loading Advertisement
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

By the way, on China's Internet we have a funny saying: we call the people who have poor luck as “African chief”, “black face”, or directly "African". We call the people who have very good luck as “European lord”, “white face”, or directly “European”. (It's not discrimination, we have no such words in dictionarys.) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here is an African chief‘s record. He is “ziyecheng” (a Chinese), my net friend.
Attachments
假精灵(fake elves;+69%、+1%),2020-5-3.gz
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

No replay because I quit then deleted the game but in a game of 4 Kingdoms I attacked a Water Serpent (60% defense) with a level 2 Merman Soldier King and damaged it heavily. Sent in a Merman Fighter to finish off with 49% kill chance, failed. Here's where it got crazy...

Sent in a level 0 Merman Citizen because the Serpent was down to a couple of HPs. Less than 1% chance to die and about a 90%+ chance to kill and level into something interesting. BAM that 1% chance came up. Bad enough but then I decided in frustration to send in a Outlaw onto a marsh to finish it, it had 99%+ chance to do it. Failed again! I simply could not take it and quit, then deleted the save.

Yes, I know, all I lost was a level 0 and was guaranteed to finish the Serp. next turn... that's how crazy bad luck can make you...
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I don't have anything saved (my play style is usually quick fire and forget)
but I remember getting annoyed to no ends by berserk abilities before.

The only hilarious one was an almost infinite loop where units would also
heal up when doing attacks or something. One day I need to try to find an
infinity loop combat situation ... :D
gaojicainiao

A new African cheif appears.

Post by gaojicainiao »

Though we tried dunefolk, we do not like this faction.
We have no confidence about funefolk in version 1.15.15 too. In our chat group of Chinese players, nobody like dunefolk.
Attachments
Northerner VS Dunefolk (131⁄152.3; 248⁄161; -13%, +54%, 1.14.X) 2021-8-1.gz
(24.93 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
MathBrush

Post by MathBrush »

Do you have a replay with the 1.15.15 dunefolk, too, from a different game? They're very different!
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

MathBrush wrote: July 31st, 2021, 8:33 pm Do you have a replay with the 1.15.15 dunefolk, too, from a different game? They're very different!
Not yet. But I have browsed the units' data of 1.15.15 dunefolk carefully, and shared with others. Still complex, and do need a lot experience to get used to it.

I won't try 1.15.15 dunefolk. As for other Chinese players, seems they have no enough interest to download and install 1.15.15 then try dunefolk.
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

gaojicainiao wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 1:08 pm By the way, on China's Internet we have a funny saying: we call the people who have poor luck as “African chief”, “black face”, or directly "African". We call the people who have very good luck as “European lord”, “white face”, or directly “European”. (It's not discrimination, we have no such words in dictionarys.) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here is an African chief‘s record. He is “ziyecheng” (a Chinese), my net friend.
What a negative stereotype this is... I have heard of ignorance in racism but wth!
Loading Advertisement
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

Pagawan wrote: December 7th, 2021, 11:01 am
gaojicainiao wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 1:08 pm By the way, on China's Internet we have a funny saying: we call the people who have poor luck as “African chief”, “black face”, or directly "African". We call the people who have very good luck as “European lord”, “white face”, or directly “European”. (It's not discrimination, we have no such words in dictionarys.) :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a negative stereotype this is... I have heard of ignorance in racism but wth!
I am sorry about it. Trust me, we Chinese really have no meaning of verbal aggression about these words.
We are yellow race, almost all Chinese are yellow race, you can understand it as “a little black” or “a little white” :P . Some of us are blacker or whiter. And we have no historical reason to regard African people as enermy, or European people as comrade. So we are neutral. We have no habit of using these words to call foreigners.
I understand that western countries have historical reason which cause different humanity nowadays and people are sensitive about this topic.
At the least, personally, I don't think black means ugly and certainly unlucky. I am a Northerner player, I love orcs . I don't hate their dark skin. I love dark night.