Best attack?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

js138

Best attack?

Post by js138 »

While playing through EI (finally completed it once) I managed to get a couple of pretty decent attack numbers against the undead dragon during the day.

Firstly I managed to get a 40-2 attack on it from a Grand Marshal-led Shock Trooper, which I thought was quite nifty - until he missed both times.

This was mitigated somewhat by the 38-4 my Grand Marshal-led white mage mustered which proceeded to hit 3 out of 4 and finish the scenario :-)

I do find it curious that a unit leveling can actually reduce it's fighting capability by reducing the level of leadership it can take, but I guess that's balanced by the extra resilience the increased HPs give.

Anyone seen any better in practise? And what is the theoretical best? Monsters need not apply... (or a Yeti vs a Skel would be way up the list).
Last edited by js138 on March 18th, 2005, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

A Paladin defending against a charging Chocobone in broad daylight, behind a grand martial, would do ~60 points of damage per hit, and a total of close to 300 points of damage.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

just make new unit or modifiy unit to get biiiiig dmg :wink:
Deathtenks

Post by Deathtenks »

IIRC A Paladin's Charge doesn't have Holy with it.....Only's its sword does.....Anyway A knight Led by a Lord with a Holy Charge(Holy Water) On a Revrant(Sp?) at night did 70 Damage. This was at night so you gotta taek that into account.
Victory to those who do not fear death!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Deathtenks wrote:IIRC A Paladin's Charge doesn't have Holy with it.....Only's its sword does.....Anyway A knight Led by a Lord with a Holy Charge(Holy Water) On a Revrant(Sp?) at night did 70 Damage. This was at night so you gotta taek that into account.
The chocobone is the one charging. The paladin thus defends with the sword, but still gets double damage. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Deathtenks

Post by Deathtenks »

OH didn't see the defending part >< Sorry about that.

My bad. :oops:
Victory to those who do not fear death!
Uppi

Post by Uppi »

Glowing Fish wrote:A Paladin defending against a charging Chocobone in broad daylight, behind a grand martial, would do ~60 points of damage per hit, and a total of close to 300 points of damage.
Actually its 48 damage per hit, with a total of 240 damage
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Uppi wrote:
Glowing Fish wrote:A Paladin defending against a charging Chocobone in broad daylight, behind a grand martial, would do ~60 points of damage per hit, and a total of close to 300 points of damage.
Actually its 48 damage per hit, with a total of 240 damage
A strong one would do more, but probablly not 60.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Uppi

Post by Uppi »

turin wrote:
Uppi wrote: Actually its 48 damage per hit, with a total of 240 damage
A strong one would do more, but probablly not 60.
54 to be exact...
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Strong Knight in Daytime led by Grand Marshal with Holy Water against Mal-Ravanal. It kills in one hit.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Strong Knight in Daytime led by Grand Marshal with Holy Water against Mal-Ravanal. It kills in one hit.
That is evil... I should give Mal-Ravanal holy resistance, or something...
The World of Orbivm
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Strong Knight in Daytime led by Grand Marshal with Holy Water against Mal-Ravanal. It kills in one hit.
But that includes Holy Water. I was just including normal attacks.
Although it could be argued that the situation I mentioned wasn't "normal" since the Grand Marshall may or may not be a standard unit.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Glowing Fish wrote:But that includes Holy Water. I was just including normal attacks.
What is this normality of which you speak? My situation is actually possible in an official campaign... unlike the Chocobone situation...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

A Grand Marshall is only available as a "standard" leader. In the default era, the upgrade of a sergeant is a leader(I can't spell that l word :lol: ) he can upgrade to a Grand Marshall, even though I really doubt that anyone would get enough xp in MP! But yes, it is possible, maybe at 30% xp? :lol:
Sorry for the meaningless post
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

IIRC, aren't Chocobones in HttT? I haven't gotten that far if it is, but I heard it mentioned in a forum.
Sorry for the meaningless post