Which faction do you think is the most difficult to play?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gaojicainiao

Re: Which faction do you think is the most difficult to play?

Post by gaojicainiao »

Though I play northerners only, I think northerners are hardest to play for me.
Their single unit combat effectiveness is poor. Thought they are cheap, their many can cause high upkeep. It's not good while your single unit combat effectiveness is weak too. Because if enemy keep resisting and not be crazy to attack, enemy low upkeep and high single unit combat effectiveness will take enemy to win. Does it mean northerners are forced to battle as fast as possible ? I think: Unfortunately, yes.
Their single unit damage is also poor with fewest special abilities, it means hard to defeat one unit with fewest units. If I failed to defeat one unit with three units and can't control the unit, then attackers can be doomed to die...
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I myself love elves; ranger is my favourite one, the healer types are quite nice, fighters are ok, and archers are quite great.

Granted, they tend to be fragile, but by and large I love them.

Trolls are always a lot of fun; I love regeneration, lots of strength and hp. Could see more diversity perhaps.

Dwarves hmmm... they are quite strong; and I actually love that shield defender unit that does not take much
damage. The gun-dwarf is cool too, but somehow I just dislike dwarves. Their legs are so short and they have
too much fur. I also actually hate the way how caves work in wesnoth in general. Cave campaigns and scenarios
I dislike by far the most, mostly due to unit.

I actually think undead is the hardest to play. Don't get me wrong - ghosts are one of the best units, in particular
when leveled. Bats are at the least fast, skeleton archers are quite nice. But ... they aren't really that great as
unit composition. As was stated above, they tend to get outperformed very quickly, in particular when enemies
have those "holy" attack types priests (healer thingy).

As for other factions hmmm... can't say much. Haven't played them as much either.

Orcs are quite ok. Orcish archers are quite nice, orcish warriors are quite good in particular at higher levels
(IMO). Wolf riders are fast which I like. It's sort of average with orcs (we could count trolls into the orcs,
but I just like trolls a LOT more than orcs).
TheRangerLOL

Post by TheRangerLOL »

gaojicainiao wrote: September 26th, 2019, 12:10 pm Though I play northerners only, I think northerners are hardest to play for me.
Their single unit combat effectiveness is poor. Thought they are cheap, their many can cause high upkeep. It's not good while your single unit combat effectiveness is weak too. Because if enemy keep resisting and not be crazy to attack, enemy low upkeep and high single unit combat effectiveness will take enemy to win. Does it mean northerners are forced to battle as fast as possible ? I think: Unfortunately, yes.
Their single unit damage is also poor with fewest special abilities, it means hard to defeat one unit with fewest units. If I failed to defeat one unit with three units and can't control the unit, then attackers can be doomed to die...
For just one game, try spamming only goblins.