[POLL] What is the best drake campaign in your opinion?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What is the best drake campaign in your opinion?

A Song of Fire
No votes
A Fiery Birth
21%
Ashen Hearts
21%
Brave Wings
21%
Burning Souls
16%
Flight to Freedom
11%
Wings of Victory
11%

Total votes: 19

Dragon-Friend

Re: [POLL] What is the best drake campaign in your opinion?

Post by Dragon-Friend »

As drakes are my favorite faction, I would like to vote on this but I never played A Fiery Birth, Ashen Hearts, or Wings of Victory. So I will vote after playing them.
I am glad some other people like drakes enough to want a mainline drake campaign. Now I know I am not the only one.
By the way, did you consider Children of Dragons?
'Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men.' Aragorn to Eomer The Lord of the Rings
Elven

Post by Elven »

several of the campaigns are not maintained anymore and no one has ported them to current version... maybe we need a new poll. of course, some older campaigns can be maintained by new guys...
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Dragon-Friend

Post by Dragon-Friend »

As Children of Dragons is my personal favorite thus far, I would consider maintaining it, but I should probably ask before porting it to 1.14 (or 1.16 after it comes out). Brave Wings and Burning Souls I could also port, but Flight to Freedom almost seems like a waste of time. As far as A Song of Fire is concerned however, I thought it was maintained.
'Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men.' Aragorn to Eomer The Lord of the Rings
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Brave Wings and Burning Souls I could also port, but Flight to Freedom almost seems like a waste of time. As far as A Song of Fire is concerned however, I thought it was maintained.
Burning Souls might still be ported by the original author as I recall he made a post about that.
Brave Wings was nice and I would like to see it ported.
A Song of Fire's original author is still maintaining it and might port to the latest version.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Elven

Post by Elven »

donno how many will be ready with 1.16 release...
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Pewskeepski

Post by Pewskeepski »

Burning Souls might still be ported by the original author as I recall he made a post about that.
Yes, I actually have polished it up, but a few things are still outdated (namely, the JOURNEY maps). Now that I think about it, it might be best to share, despite some unfinished areas. Feedback's always good, right?

I'm also working on what is more like a new version, in which the story-line and dialogue is redone (and it's historical context is set back a few decades), although the main plot is still very much the same. It wasn't my original intention, but it's grown into something much larger than I had anticipated, and that's mostly just because I've rediscovered the fun of making Wesnoth campaigns :D
"Everything is better with penguins."
Creator of Burning Souls, The Fall of Wesnoth (abandoned) and Adventures of Knighthood (now available on BfW 1.15!)
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I don't remember the campaigns (been quite some while since I last played),
but I always loved the fast scouts, as well as the level 4 inferno drakes or
whatever their name was, in open terrain.

There was one cave scenario that was interesting since so many dwarves came
that they blocked movement, but in general I MUCH prefer open scenarios.

Would be nice if all drake-loving guys could design a new campaign one day
that incorporates the good parts from the older campaigns, and adds a unique
storyline as well. A bit like those "arabian night" campaigns with the sand-folk
people.