Wesnoth on Liberapay

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Pentarctagon
Forum Administrator

Re: Wesnoth on Liberapay

Post by Pentarctagon » June 14th, 2019, 5:12 am

Personally, I'm not especially enthusiastic about crypto-currency, but as long as there's a way to automatically convert donations into USD then I don't have any objections at least.

Ultimately, however, it's up to the Board whether they want to set up crypto-currency donations or not.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code

vultraz
Community Manager

Post by vultraz » June 15th, 2019, 8:54 am

As Pent says, we'd want to have any cryoto donations immediately converted into USD. We're not interested in running a crypto wallet. I'm considering a Coinbase account for us (We were already planning on a Patreon too, so among those three and Liberapay that should basically cover everything); if we set that up we'll let people know.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?

gntrakas

Post by gntrakas » July 19th, 2019, 7:04 pm

I suggest you also add a donation as an in-app purchase on steam. This way the game also stays in users' libraries even if they uninstall the game.

shevegen

Post by shevegen » August 13th, 2019, 7:12 pm

I think doofus-01 missed part of the point - it is not about an "obligation" to be transparent. Neither
that transparency only has to exist because of bad actors.

I think transparency in and itself is a great reason to have, even if everyone is a good actor.

Others show how this can be done, e. g. the KDE foundation; you can see where there expenditures
go.

Nobody said that everyone has to track every $2 donation to the cent. I don't see why that would
have to do with the general question of people who donate as to what is happening with the money
e. g. in yearly quartals or seminal summaries.