Wesnoth 1.14 on Android

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

McMick

Re: Wesnoth 1.14 on Android

Post by McMick »

Anyone else have this problem? I play this on my phone while I'm sitting on the "throne", and I get so involved that I forget the passage of time, and by the time I get up, my legs have fallen asleep and I have to stumble out of the bathroom in agony.
Yakyak228

Post by Yakyak228 »

Hi everyone, sorry to bother you but still impossible to install it on any of my tablet (and i get 3 différents model :( ).All the same problem can not download from sourceforge. Same on my S9, on my GF s8 too.

I have downloaded all files from sourceforge and tried to copy the files almost anywhere on any folders (the android/data/it.westnoth folder, the one Inside called files etc).

no luck so far.

can someone tell me exactly how and where to put the files to make it work ? i have sd card on all devices. do i nedd yo copy the files like they are or unzip them ?

Thank you for you help
Yakyak228

Post by Yakyak228 »

No one can help ?? :(
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

What file did you download? And why from sourceforge? On https://www.wesnoth.org/ the link for android goes to google play, not to sourceforge.
Yakyak228

Post by Yakyak228 »

hi, i tried eveyrhting. from google play when you first run the game it try to download from sourceforge. And i get an an error message on all of my device (and now i have tried on 5 différents). it says error connecting sourceforge and end of story Nothing is installed.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
i have a similar issue. i have the message : error downloading data from http://sourceforge...
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

As a workaround to package downloading problems you can get zip files manually from sourceforge and put them into /sdcard/. The game will then unpack those instead of downloading.
Seforius

Post by Seforius »

Yakyak228 wrote: January 27th, 2019, 6:46 pm Hi everyone, sorry to bother you but still impossible to install it on any of my tablet (and i get 3 différents model :( ).All the same problem can not download from sourceforge. Same on my S9, on my GF s8 too.

I have downloaded all files from sourceforge and tried to copy the files almost anywhere on any folders (the android/data/it.westnoth folder, the one Inside called files etc).

no luck so far.

can someone tell me exactly how and where to put the files to make it work ? i have sd card on all devices. do i nedd yo copy the files like they are or unzip them ?

Thank you for you help
Device:
Huawei GR5 2017
Android 7.0
Port version 1.14

I have this problem too. I used the workaround recommend by Alessandro, and copied the .zip files for the game (namely, wesnoth_essential-1.14.5, wesnoth_campaigns-1.14.5, and wesnoth_music-1.14.5) to my phone's internal storage. When I select these 3 packages on the app in the "Select packages to download" section and hit "OK", I get this error:

Error download data from wesnoth_music-1.14.5.zip

What can I do to fix this?
Neko5Chan

Post by Neko5Chan »

Hello, I want to do a map in the editor but i don t know how to put a layer over a base layer. For example putting a forrest or a house on a hill. Could someone point me to a keyboard app or a workarround thanks in advance! :)
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

You just need to click on the hill you want and then add the forest on top, or the other way around if it doesn't work. It should give you a hybrid terrain if it exists for that combination.
mthree

Where are saved games and how to transfer between devices

Post by mthree »

Hi All,

I've looked the web for this, but was not able to find anything really tangent.

I am playing this game on my android device - I asked to install it and move the data to SD card.
When I look into my files on this phone, I can't seem to find any saved games files on my SD card.
When the game start and I go into the configuration, I can't seem to export any saved files "export failed"

I bought a new device, but first, it asks me to DL the game. I am not sure if that's normal. My goal would be to play BfW on my new device with the same saved game data.

Is it possible and how can I do this?

Thank you,
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Where are saved games and how to transfer between devices

Post by Pentarctagon »

mthree wrote: October 27th, 2019, 5:00 pm Hi All,

I've looked the web for this, but was not able to find anything really tangent.

I am playing this game on my android device - I asked to install it and move the data to SD card.
When I look into my files on this phone, I can't seem to find any saved games files on my SD card.
When the game start and I go into the configuration, I can't seem to export any saved files "export failed"

I bought a new device, but first, it asks me to DL the game. I am not sure if that's normal. My goal would be to play BfW on my new device with the same saved game data.

Is it possible and how can I do this?

Thank you,
I've moved your post to the support topic for Android.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

The savegames can under Android iirc be fuound somewhere in the Android/data subdirectory
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
mthree

Post by mthree »

I've looked, but couldn't find any games. I've even tried to show the hidden files - but still nothing.`

How can we transfer saved data from a device to another?
otzenpunk

Post by otzenpunk »

After the automatic update to 1.14.9 via Play Store, the app repeatedly fails to download the language pack with the message
As a consequence, of course I can't use any language besides English, but I also get dropped to the Game Control Settings wizard on every start.