Sudipta's various questions...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sudipta

Sudipta's various questions...

Post by Sudipta »

Hello. Been more than a year since i last played BfW. i have some time on my hands now so i've decided to return once more to the world of Wesnoth what with the new 1.14 stable version knocking at the door..I am looking for recommendations for some good UMC's. There seems to be a lot of new stuff in the last couple years. I want to mostly play in the 1.13.11 development version,to see what's changed, so it would be appreciated if the UMC works there. if not, i can use the old 1.12.6 stable version too.
I have made a list of the ones ill try out, after a short while browsing the forums.
Sand in The Wind, Vision of a shaman, Dawn of thunder, Carved in Stone, Return From the Abyss and A Fiery path.
So yeah, hit me with your suggestions. Include the BfW version if u can ( whether or not it works fine in development 1.13.11)

edit: modified list
Last edited by Sudipta on April 22nd, 2018, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for UMC recommendations

Post by Paulomat4 »

I guess you have already played through Kwandulin's Oath of Allegiance, Carved in Stone, Nightfall and Ashen Hearts? If not, every single one is just great! They should be on the 1.13 addon server.

Sand in the Wind is a great campaign as well, I have not played through a fiery path yet.
Tell me what you think about it once you played through Dawn of thunder ;)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Sand in the Wind is a great campaign as well
Yeah, just finished it. Short, Simple and fun.
Tell me what you think about it once you played through Dawn of thunder
Definitely.
I finished OoA, the main gem of kwandulin.Great Stuff! i plan to play Carved in Stone and Ashen Hearts eventually... As for nightfall i find it weird how no one has even replied to the campaign thread...except a troll :lol: i like the idea of deep elves tho.

Still looking for suggestions...
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
MathBrush

Post by MathBrush »

A Sanguine Tale was uploaded in January and has a thousand downloads already. I haven't played it yet, but it sounds epic in scope and really polished. I'm excited to play it once I'm done replaying the mainline campaigns.
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die
Sudipta

Any moon singers in UtBS ?

Post by Sudipta »

This question is unrelated to UMC's but decided to hijack my own thread.

I'm playing UtBs with the new unit line for the first time after putting it off for an eternity. The new units are fantastic and all but i have one question.
The lv 1 quenoth mystic advances to lv 2 shaman and lv 2 sun singer but not to the lv 2 moon singer. So will i get moon singers in the campaign ? ( without using mods or messing with the code ) I'm currently starting the 3 rd scenario
Spoiler:
If not, then can someone tell me why moon singers are out of the main evolution tree ? they seem like a cool unit line

edit: lol shiki. i cant tell if u r kidding or not but i put a spoiler tag in all the same
Last edited by Sudipta on April 13th, 2018, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shiki
Developer

Re: Any moon singers in UtBS ?

Post by Shiki »

Spoiler:
Try out the dark board theme.
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Just finished the new UtBS and didn't need the moon singers anyway :)
My next target- Play Genesis as soon as the final version comes out. I played it maybe 2 years ago but was stuck on a boss fight back then (the campaign was incomplete iirc.)
But what to do until then ? Can someone tell me the tentative release date for 1.14?
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Sudipta wrote: April 14th, 2018, 9:31 pm Can someone tell me the tentative release date for 1.14?
May 1
MarkoLeSerbe

Re: Utbs units?

Post by MarkoLeSerbe »

Wait, the units from Utbs have been remade? Geez I have to see that as fast as possible.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

MarkoLeSerbe wrote: April 15th, 2018, 7:54 am Geez I have to see that as fast as possible.
The updated UtBS sprites are in 1.13.13, but not the portraits. I would wait for those. They're pretty epic, and are almost done.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Sudipta

Re: Sudipta's various questions...

Post by Sudipta »

I figured might as well change the name of the thread since ill be using it every time i need to ask something to the community :whistle:

So i was playing Genesis, and was in the caerleon library reading the lore on guardians when a hazy memory popped up in my psycho-sphere. I recall a boss battle scenario where u have to fight a powerful being of light, who is protected by some kind of magic and u have to first dispel that magic before u can hurt her directly. Most of the enemies in the campaign were demons or dark being iirc so this one stood out. My question is which scenario is this and from which campaign? I feel that its gotta be from the AtS trilogy or the dragon trilogy but i cant remember for sure. And its like a constant itch in my mind so somebody put me to rest :hmm:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Sudipta wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 3:37 pmI recall a boss battle scenario where u have to fight a powerful being of light, who is protected by some kind of magic and u have to first dispel that magic before u can hurt her directly. Most of the enemies in the campaign were demons or dark being iirc so this one stood out. My question is which scenario is this and from which campaign? I feel that its gotta be from the AtS trilogy or the dragon trilogy but i cant remember for sure. And its like a constant itch in my mind so somebody put me to rest :hmm:
AtS E3 spoilers:
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

That's the one. Thanks a lot. It's also in Inky's playthrough. Time for some reading...