Donating to Battle for Wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Developers, Forum Moderators

Re: Donating to Battle for Wesnoth

Postby Andrettin » August 17th, 2016, 6:40 pm

iceiceice wrote:So wait, how does that work? You mean like, they ask you directly for permission and use it within some Anura module? Or is there some sort of open source licensing for art that I didn't see / is new.

I guess so; the Frogatto website says that the art is proprietary, but that they will likely give permission when requested :)
Andrettin

Postby stevekh2 » August 17th, 2016, 10:08 pm

Dave wrote:Also incidentally, we are looking for a new coder to help port Wesnoth to iOS. If anyone is interested or knows somebody who is interested please let me know. The iOS port is badly out of date at this point and someone with those skills would be very much appreciated.

What about the people who have already bought the now-deprecated version of Wesnoth on the App Store? Are you just going to leave them out to dry?
stevekh2

Postby Dave » August 18th, 2016, 3:17 am

stevekh2 wrote:
Dave wrote:Also incidentally, we are looking for a new coder to help port Wesnoth to iOS. If anyone is interested or knows somebody who is interested please let me know. The iOS port is badly out of date at this point and someone with those skills would be very much appreciated.

What about the people who have already bought the now-deprecated version of Wesnoth on the App Store? Are you just going to leave them out to dry?

If Apple allows us to transfer the ownership across to the new port we will certainly do so.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Dave
Founding Developer

Postby Tad_Carlucci » August 18th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Take the trademark certificate from USPTO as evidence, file a DMCA take-down request at the App Store to take down the old version, and use the trademark holder address-of-record to put up the new version when it's ready.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
Tad_Carlucci
Developer

Postby GunChleoc » August 29th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Regarding how to set up donations, maybe talk to the 0AD people and ask how they do it? Their model might also work for BfW.
GunChleoc
Translator

Previous

Return to Users’ Forum