Donating to Battle for Wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Andrettin

Re: Donating to Battle for Wesnoth

Post by Andrettin »

iceiceice wrote: So wait, how does that work? You mean like, they ask you directly for permission and use it within some Anura module? Or is there some sort of open source licensing for art that I didn't see / is new.
I guess so; the Frogatto website says that the art is proprietary, but that they will likely give permission when requested :)
stevekh2

Post by stevekh2 »

Dave wrote:Also incidentally, we are looking for a new coder to help port Wesnoth to iOS. If anyone is interested or knows somebody who is interested please let me know. The iOS port is badly out of date at this point and someone with those skills would be very much appreciated.
What about the people who have already bought the now-deprecated version of Wesnoth on the App Store? Are you just going to leave them out to dry?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

stevekh2 wrote:
Dave wrote:Also incidentally, we are looking for a new coder to help port Wesnoth to iOS. If anyone is interested or knows somebody who is interested please let me know. The iOS port is badly out of date at this point and someone with those skills would be very much appreciated.
What about the people who have already bought the now-deprecated version of Wesnoth on the App Store? Are you just going to leave them out to dry?
If Apple allows us to transfer the ownership across to the new port we will certainly do so.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

Take the trademark certificate from USPTO as evidence, file a DMCA take-down request at the App Store to take down the old version, and use the trademark holder address-of-record to put up the new version when it's ready.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Regarding how to set up donations, maybe talk to the 0AD people and ask how they do it? Their model might also work for BfW.