female trolls?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gyra_Solune

Re: female trolls?

Post by Gyra_Solune »

johndh wrote:I recall someone mentioning that saurian mages are male while skirmishers are female, which would make them the only race to buck the trend if it is indeed canon.
That is not something I have heard before! I have doubts about that - I'm willing to bet they're much like the Nagas in that it's probably roughly even but you can't actually tell because like they're reptilian and all that. They follow the general rule set anyway - elves aside, the formal armies are much less egalitarian in that regard than outlaws and brigands, which nagas and saurians almost always play the role of.
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

Saurian culture is sharply segregated between the genders......It is the responsibility of the female to hunt and find food, skills which ultimately train them to be warriors; the skirmishers, flankers, and ambushers other races so fear. Males, meanwhile, are responsible for guarding the clutch- the eggs left by the females. While this leaves time for the males to develop and hone the arts of astrology, healing, and magic
From https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Saurians
johndh

Post by johndh »

Caladbolg wrote:Saurian culture is sharply segregated between the genders......It is the responsibility of the female to hunt and find food, skills which ultimately train them to be warriors; the skirmishers, flankers, and ambushers other races so fear. Males, meanwhile, are responsible for guarding the clutch- the eggs left by the females. While this leaves time for the males to develop and hone the arts of astrology, healing, and magic
From https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Saurians
Answered in a more relevant thread.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.