Adding Units to a Map in the Map Editior

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JakeCWolf

Adding Units to a Map in the Map Editior

Post by JakeCWolf »

Sorry for all the stupid questions, like I said I can find this information on my own, despite my best efforts.

I see with the new 1.12 Map Editor one apparently has the ability to place units on the map like you would terrain hexes, yet the button is always greyed out, with no context on how to make it usable. I've tried saving a Map as a Scenario but that does nothing, and the tutorial on Scenario is either out of date or blatantly misses explaining how to get this button to work.

So is there something I'm missing? I'm well aware for more complex things WXL is needed, but placing units, to at least preview how they look, is all I really want to do.

Any help would be appreciated, again thank you for humoring my ignorance.
Gyra_Solune

Re: Adding Units to a Map in the Map Editior

Post by Gyra_Solune »

In the map editor you instead select New Scenario - this allows you to set Sides on the map, at which point you can place various units on it.
JakeCWolf

Re: Adding Units to a Map in the Map Editior

Post by JakeCWolf »

Of course it would be something as simple as that, I have no idea how I missed the "Side" button.

One more question, is it possible to change through unit variations at the moment? Ala gender for units like elves and mages? Or the various variations of Walking Corpses and Soulless? Or has that functionality yet to be implemented.