The strange bonus system

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

The strange bonus system

Post by Yomar »

Sometime I notice things, that I never noticed before.
Yesterday I noticed that the arcer during day does always 5 dammage, even with leadership support, I guess it depends how numbers are rounded down, Idk in how many situations things like this happen, because I don't remember right now.
It's a bit disappointing when you have an unit with leaderhip and your units don't do more dammage.
Now I will have some fun testing the various units with leadership and see how much dammage increases or not on enemies with resistances.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
firefox

Re: The strange bonus system

Post by firefox »

numbers are not only rounded down but also rounded up.
the thing with leadership is that it gives a bonus of 25% per difference in level.

so a lv2 leader grants 25% to lv1 units, but 0% to lv2 units. (and 50% to lv0 units).
this bounus stacks with the time of day bonus.

the only archer i know that does 5 damage during day is the elven archer, which always does 5 damage because it is neutral.
the leadership of a lv2 unit would boost it to 6.
if you get no bonus, you probably used a lv1 leader (sergeant?)

basically you can calculate attack boni like this:

a 25% bonus gives 1 extra damage for every 4 points. (50% give 1 for every 2.)

that means that units with a base attack of 3 or lower are unaffected, 4-7 get 1, 8-11 get 2 and 12-15 get 3.
the highest bonus you can get is a lancer (charge attack 100%) with leadership of a fire dragon (lv5 100%) during day (25%) for a total of 225% damage.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Sorry I forgot to write that this applies only against the Dwarvish guardsman.
The Elvish archer (Base damage 6 thx to dexterity bonus) his dammage from 4 to 5 with leadership support (or it goes from 3 to 4 if there is no dexterity bonus), but the Loyalist bowman damage on day is 5 (base dam. 7) and even with lv2 leadership support of Lieutenant it stays the same.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Dwarvish guardsman has something called "steadfast" which doubles his resistances on defense. That's what's messing up the calculation.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Raijer wrote:Dwarvish guardsman has something called "steadfast" which doubles his resistances on defense. That's what's messing up the calculation.
Yes I know, for this I wrote in the title "strange bonus system". Thx anyway.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟