sxc/sxcr and sxrpg maps

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Leendert

sxc/sxcr and sxrpg maps

Post by Leendert »

Can anyone tell me if the sxc/sxcr and sxrpg maps will return in Wesnoth 1.12?
ChaosRider

Re: sxc/sxcr and sxrpg maps

Post by ChaosRider »

Because I like too SX RPG I could try move it to 1.12 :P! Most of work here is to delete spaces from files names, change how is used anime macro for dwarvish thunderer stick, change abilities description (delete all enters).
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

If somebody decides to maintain them, yes...
The original creator seems to be Awol.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Whoever decides to take this job might need to tell me as well, I have had contact with Mabuse about updating the list of banned ability/special ids (I have changed almost all of them...).
Leendert

Post by Leendert »

Thank you all for the response, for now all we can do is wait i guess and play 1.10 meanwhile.....
Araja

Post by Araja »

Not strictly true.

I've seen a fair amount of SX activity on the 1.12 server, due to a workaround where people copy the SXC/ SXCR add-ons from their 1.10 add-ons folder into their 1.12 add-ons folder.

It throws up numerous complaints about deprecated ability description formats, but so far I have seen no actual errors or malfunctions. So that's certainly an option if you want to play SX in 1.12.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Leendert wrote:Can anyone tell me if the sxc/sxcr and sxrpg maps will return in Wesnoth 1.12?
I have just ported SXRPG to 1.12 version and have to admit, that from my perspective so far (though atm i lack enough feedback of other players):

version 1.12 is a success for sxrpg gameplaywise. the battle calculations seem to have spped up significantly.

so i can just recommend to give SXRPG a go on the 1.12 server.
(sxrpg for 1.10 is no longer maintained)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Moved on 1.12 Wesnoth addons SXC & SXCR.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.