Unlockables and Trophies

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jabie

Unlockables and Trophies

Post by Jabie »

Many games have a trophy cabinet and unlockables for achieving various accomplishments. What trophies and unlockables would you add to Wesnoth? (e.g. Skin of the teeth - have a hero unit injured to 1HP, grand slaughter - deal a total of 10,000 HP damage playing Wesnoth campaigns)
puranglista123

Re: Unlockables and Trophies

Post by puranglista123 »

I think that would be bad, because most of the people would rage when they would fail to get a trophy/unlockable if they made a mistake in the last turn,and probably some would play multiplayer until 12 AM until the next day ONLY because there would be a trophy/unlockable for it. I don't think they should be implemented in the game, because this game is about having fun, not raging and Hulk Smashing your computer and/or keyboard/mouse/both.
Jabie

Post by Jabie »

Well you can always ignore the trophies. And if they encourage more players onto MP servers, surely that's a good thing, isn't it?

Currently the closest things to trophies in the game are the wreaths around completed camapigns and the unit list, which is only revealed when you encounter / use a unit of the relevant type.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Could be done by an add-on relatively easily.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Jabie wrote: Currently the closest things to trophies in the game are the wreaths around completed camapigns and the unit list, which is only revealed when you encounter / use a unit of the relevant type.
Would be nice if those were persistent across different versions of Wesnoth :(
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Andrettin wrote:
Jabie wrote: ...
Would be nice if those were persistent across different versions of Wesnoth :(
They are persistent across different versions of Wesnoth on Linux.

For Windows users: All those things are in the preferences file. You can just copy the file from the folder of the old version into the folder of the new one when swapping versions.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Dugi wrote: For Windows users: All those things are in the preferences file. You can just copy the file from the folder of the old version into the folder of the new one when swapping versions.
Nice! And doing so may cause no issues?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Andrettin wrote:
Dugi wrote: For Windows users: All those things are in the preferences file. You can just copy the file from the folder of the old version into the folder of the new one when swapping versions.
Nice! And doing so may cause no issues?
It might cause some, but nothing serious. I think that some hotkeys in main menu might get messed up between 1.10 and 1.12, but I haven't noticed anything else. Between various 1.12 versions and later 1.11 versions there should be no issues.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Dugi wrote: It might cause some, but nothing serious. I think that some hotkeys in main menu might get messed up between 1.10 and 1.12, but I haven't noticed anything else. Between various 1.12 versions and later 1.11 versions there should be no issues.
Thank you!
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

You could also use a tool like WinMerge to compare the two versions of the configuration files, in case you are losing some stuff.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Hmm, quite strange - my /My Games/Wesnoth1.10/preferences file has nothing under "completed_campaigns", but nevertheless the campaigns show up as complete in-game. No Wesnoth data seems to be in AppData either... I wonder where it is stored.
serwusek

Post by serwusek »

i think there is no need to add Trophies i this game.