We are playing LoW coop!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: We are playing LoW coop!

Post by gfgtdf »

what you could try to fix the issues with OOS and wrong colored units recall unit in scenario 4 is to remove the lines that say:

Code: Select all

{GET_PERSISTENT_RECALLS_FROM2 1 4 LoW_Chapter_One kalenz}
        {GET_PERSISTENT_GOLD_FROM2 1 4 LoW_Chapter_One kalenz_gold}
        {GET_PERSISTENT_RECALLS_FROM2 4 1 LoW_Chapter_One landar}
        {GET_PERSISTENT_GOLD_FROM2 4 1 LoW_Chapter_One landar_gold}
from the file data/campaigns/Legend_of_Wesmere/scenarios/chapter2/04_The_Elvish_Treasury.cfg and restart the scenario.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

Xara wrote: The event to freeing Cleodil has wrong condition, should be moveto for side=1,2,3 instead of side=1,4.
I changed this just as Xara said and it resulted in the ranger freeing Cleodil:
hurrah.png
hurrah.png (88.26 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
Also look at this:
Spoiler:
In the end of Scenario 3, Side 1 and Side 2 have 661 gold and 383 gold respectively:
gololol.png
But in the start of Scenario 4 these are the gold values that Side 1 and Side 2 have, and note the gold given to the purple AI is Landar's gold from previous scenario, this confirms what we perceived as the purple AI recruiting more units than the Black AI:
golllll.png
And also, the value of the 661 gold and 383 gold is the same as previous scenario, there is no calculation of 80% carryover + initial starting gold that seems to happen.

I tried removing the lines that gfgtdf said to remove and testing by myself. The results are:
The duplicate leader is gone from the host's perspective, my recall list is still intact, however the gold that Side 1 and Side 2 has now are not correct because from the previous scenario Landar ended with around 300+ gold and Kalenz with 600+, but here they both now have the exact same 800, when in fact there is supposed to be a carryover. Also I tried to look for the 800 in the cfg but I cannot find where it gets the value 800.
goldr.png
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Hm do you have a save from scenario 4 or a save from the end (shotrly before victory) for scenario 3?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

Here are the saves, check these out:

Last turn of Scenario 3
LoW-Ka’lian_under_Attack_checkpoint.gz
(115.84 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Last turn of Scenario 4
LoW-The_Elvish_Treasury_checkpoint.gz
(93.08 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Now you can see exactly what is going on.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I looked at the Klian under attack savefile, it sais gold=1449 for Kalenz carryover gold and gold=1226 carryover gold for Landars carryover gold. I dont know exactly how 1.12 works o i am not sure whether this is teh scenario2 to scenario 3 carryover data or the scenario 3 to scenario 4 carryover data, but i guess the later. The reason why this is so high is most likeley the carryover bonus for the remaining turns.

The reason why it gets capped to 800 is most likeley that the slider for players gold in the mp connect dialog is limited at 800.

It seelms like {GET_PERSISTENT_GOLD_FROM2 1 4 LoW_Chapter_One landar_gold} is intended to set the carryover gold to the gold amount of teh previous scenario without turn bonus applied. What you shaould maybe do is just remove the GET_PERSISTENT_RECALLS_FROM2 but not the GET_PERSISTENT_GOLD_FROM2
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

It seelms like {GET_PERSISTENT_GOLD_FROM2 1 4 LoW_Chapter_One landar_gold} is intended to set the carryover gold to the gold amount of teh previous scenario without turn bonus applied. What you shaould maybe do is just remove the GET_PERSISTENT_RECALLS_FROM2 but not the GET_PERSISTENT_GOLD_FROM2
This is the result:
goldbug.png
Landar gets the 800 gold, The purple saurian gets the 383 which was the gold Landar ended with previous scenario, and Kalenz gets 661 which was the gold he ended with in the previous scenario