looking for undead/necromacy campaigns

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

caoraivoso3

looking for undead/necromacy campaigns

Post by caoraivoso3 »

well i am back at the forums and i am now lurking for undead/necromacy campaigns and i want to play with the necromacy.
any idead? give me the ones you like it

Moved from Off-Topic because this is not Off-Topic material. ― shadowm
Dugi

Re: looking for undead/necromacy campaigns

Post by Dugi »

Descent into Darkness (mainline, you know this one) and Birth of a Lich (add-on) are the most known ones. Some necromancy is also done in add-ons like Invasion from the Unknown (rather about elves allied with a powerful lich killing even worse stuff) or Legend of the Invincibles. I recommend trying Invasion from the Unknown, though it is not exactly about a guy who becomes a necro.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

tnx dugi, i already played the mainline, i am currently playing birth of a lich, i downloaded invasion from the unkown to play and i will play it later.
but what i really want is a cammpaign to make a guy much like descent into darkness become a powerful necromancer and rule the world
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I don't know if this one is still kicking around but the Dark Hordes works on that theme (it used to be mainline but suffered from bugs and imcomplteness).
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Also, if you are on 1.11.10+ you could take a look at "secrets of the ancients", a new campaign by beetlenaut. It is not completed, but the first 6 scenario's are playable.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I remembered now that For Power is also about a girl who became undead (however, she was rather forced to do so) and started slowly breaking bad (after like 50 scenarios, she is already quite bad at times). Legend of the Invincibles is also about a guy and his girlfriend becoming liches, but that isn't the main point of the camaign (rather using that power against evil).
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Well, in For Power there are only a few opportunities to recruit undead so far as the main character wants to avoid it. Yes, she and some heroes become a kind of liches during the campaign but your recruit list is composed of humans (sometimes loyalists sometines outlaws) most of time. But accordining to my plans, you would get to recruit undead in a later chapter (if I ever get to write it). For now, you rather fight against undead here.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

already played birth of a lich very nice indeed but i wan to play a campaign that shows the progress of the simple human becoming a master lich, and overpower everyone. i will play now dark hordes. any other campaign that fits what i say?
invasion from the unkown was the creation of a lich?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

caoraivoso3 wrote:invasion from the unkown was the creation of a lich?
Nope, just the old friend Mal Keshar was there most of the time, became an even stronger master of powers of darkness, talked like a badass and allowed you to recruit undead. But it's really awesome, definitely worth playing.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

i will, i was playing the dark hordes and i am in a capter that i need to go to a swamp to get something but when i get there i dont have nothing soo i put my castle there and i fight the orcs and elves. but when i beat the [censored] out of them i dont complete the chapter and the objective remains the same.
i even have an error but right now it doesnt show
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

You need to find the book. Look around the map for the most obvious hiding place. Then move Gwiti there.
Wendek

Post by Wendek »

You'll need to downgrade to 1.8 as I haven't been able to find it on the current servers, but Danse Macabre is easily one of the best Undead campaigns I've ever played. It was badly balanced last time I played it though, with difficulty spiking from trivial to insane in the span of one or two scenarios. But its story is one of the best and Zombies have never been more interesting. It's not really about a Lich though, it's really about sentient Zombies more than other kinds of Undead, so not sure if it fits your criteria after all.
Apart from that, Descent Into Darkness is also pretty good if you haven't played it yet.
"You see, it's not about what you take with you, it's about what you leave behind." (Turisas, The Bosphorus Freezes Over)
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." (Andrew Ryan, BioShock)
hoffmann

Post by hoffmann »

Ghostly calls is a very good campaign.
The dark hord is aproaching...
Mörker för evigt.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

caoraivoso3 wrote:i wan to play a campaign that shows the progress of the simple human becoming a master lich, and overpower everyone....any other campaign that fits what i say?
My new campaign, Secrets of the Ancients, is exactly like what you said. It's only on the new server though, so you would have to switch to 1.11 if you haven't yet.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

played all you said really worth my time thanks for all the suggestions.