Bring back Mountain Pass in HTTT

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

La_vie_en_Wose
Translator

Bring back Mountain Pass in HTTT

Post by La_vie_en_Wose »

Bring back this intensive part of Heir to the throne and the two mages event by the way. There, you could get a chance having a surviving dwarf berseeker and great fun. By the way, I was looking for the 1.0.2 musical themes as they were somehow far much catchy than then are today (nowadays theme are ok, just a little bit boring).
If you really hate stupid people, get a girlfriend.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Re: Bring back Mountain Pass in HTTT

Post by Blarumyrran »

is that the cockatrice one?

cockatrices aren't even n http://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/mainline ... l#Monsters anymore tso that is unlikely.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I thought this sounded familiar.

La_vie_en_Wose wrote:I was wondering if Mountain pass could be revisited, in the way Isle of the Damned as been made with the joining of Moremyiou ( the white mage ).
Instead of fighting to death the two red mages, could there be a kind of challenge like : "if you defeat the two red mages, one will join your team".

I liked this scenario for many reasons ( strategic, "geographic", etc ).

Does it appear possible, or not ?

Thanks

#2a
La_vie_en_Wose wrote:79. You tell the folks around here you would like to see Mountain Pass and Valley of Statues back in HTTT

#2b
La_vie_en_Wose wrote:97. You divorce, take hostages at the top of the Eiffel tower and stop eating until the devs ressurect Mountain Pass and Valley of Statues in the 1.3 branch.

#2c
La_vie_en_Wose wrote:368. You still think that Mountain Pass and Valley of the Statues are good scenari

#2d
La_vie_en_Wose wrote:480.
Want the Valley of the Statues & Mountain Pass in HTTT to return in the next version of Wesnoth, ignoring the new campaigns that have been made so far...

#2e
La_vie_en_Wose wrote:592. You still play Wesnoth 1.0.2 for the Mountain Pass and The Valley Of The Statues scenari, and you don't care about the improvements that have been made.

#2f
La_vie_en_Wose wrote:1030. during a full moon night in an hôtel in Nevers (FR), you still wonder why Mountain Pass and Valley of the Statues scenari in HTTT were abandoned.

La_vie_en_Wose wrote:Why those scenari would have been ignored as they introduce species like berseeker dwarves ans cockatrix, those you can't find anywhere else in the wesnoth campaigns ?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Were can I find those two scenarios?
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Adamant14 wrote:Were can I find those two scenarios?
I speculate that you have to download an archaic version of Wesnoth to play the aforementioned scenarios. Maybe Wesnoth 1.0 or 1.2? (I do not really know since I started with 1.4.6)
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

You can check the old campaign out of git if you'd like to play it, it is from the 1.2 branch. You would have to run wmllint-1.4 and then the normal wmllint to attempt to get it to play in 1.10, but I am not sure how well that would work.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Turuk wrote:You can check the old campaign out of git if you'd like to play it, it is from the 1.2 branch. You would have to run wmllint-1.4 and then the normal wmllint to attempt to get it to play in 1.10, but I am not sure how well that would work.
Out of curiosity, why were these levels removed?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:Out of curiosity, why were these levels removed?
I don't recall anymore, but presumably because they were filler scenarios in an already really long campaign, because berserk and petrification just aren't very fun. It was probably felt that a few scenarios should go, and those were the prime candidates for the aforementioned reasons and because they didn't really connect to the rest of the story in any way.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

From one of the last threads that La_vie_en_Wose started in 2007:
torangan wrote:They got removed because the campaign was considered too long and those scenarios not good enough. But Wesnoth is free, WML is easy so you can simply make a fork of httt containing them.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

zookeeper wrote:
I don't recall anymore, but presumably because they were filler scenarios in an already really long campaign, because berserk and petrification just aren't very fun. It was probably felt that a few scenarios should go, and those were the prime candidates for the aforementioned reasons and because they didn't really connect to the rest of the story in any way.
I suppose that you're right in your presumption. I looked at the files and the scenarios look superficial, lacking mainline quality.
From one of the last threads that La_vie_en_Wose started in 2007:
Comparing HttT to the current lengthy UMCs, it's kind of short even if we take those two scenarios in the count. Then again, this comparison doesn't really matter.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

@ the length-for-player issue, much of the time you can add new stuff as a fork, like the 1-level-long fork after Muff Tarkin's peninsula.
La_vie_en_Wose
Translator

Post by La_vie_en_Wose »

A fork would be great!
If you really hate stupid people, get a girlfriend.