My first gameplay...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rehctawthgin

My first gameplay...

Post by Rehctawthgin »

Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.4
-----------------------------
Alright, so hello guys, I am very new here, Battle of Wesnoth is an awesome game, really :D I've played the 1st level of Tutorial mode. It was obviously easy, but when I reached the second one, where there were a bunch of Orc grunts, it was not as easy as it looks. It took a while to kill the orc guarding the bridge. Heh, so much for a newbie. I never really liked strategy games, but I was strangely addicted to this, in a matter of minutes. Anyway, my overall ratings are:

-Performance 8/10-Runs really smooth on my Netbook
-Graphics 8/10-Although I'm aged 14, I can still bear with these kinds of graphics. Not that I hate the graphics, but I've already played several simple-looking (8 or 16?) bit graphic games.
-Sounds 7/10-The sounds are just fine
-Miscellaneous 8.5/10-The unit names are awesome, there were some typos, it was addicting etc.
------------------
-A
------------------
Also, when was this game first released?
An Atrocious Anonymity that Avails on every Avenge of The Master and to Acknowledge Nobles that I am here simply to Assassinate what Master Abhors. In Addition I am An Antinomy of all Answers on this planet. And please simply call me, "A"
-"A"
Fan fict
Flameslash

Re: My first gameplay...

Post by Flameslash »

Welcome to the forums! I think the game came out in 2003, but I'm not sure.
Creativity

Post by Creativity »

I actually have never finished the 2level of the tutorial. I ran out returns before I could finish it.
Rehctawthgin

Post by Rehctawthgin »

Flameslash wrote:Welcome to the forums! I think the game came out in 2003, but I'm not sure.
Thank you for greeting me, just what I expected. Also, I'm also trying to finish the 2nd level...
----------
-A
An Atrocious Anonymity that Avails on every Avenge of The Master and to Acknowledge Nobles that I am here simply to Assassinate what Master Abhors. In Addition I am An Antinomy of all Answers on this planet. And please simply call me, "A"
-"A"
Fan fict
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

The second level of the tutorial is a bit too difficult, but it was designed by people who were already good at the game. If you have played it most of the way through, you have gotten all the helpful messages it has to offer though, so you don't really have to finish it. You can just go on to "The South Guard" or "An Orcish Incursion" on a low difficulty level. A.O.I. lets you use elves again, so the unit types will be familiar.

When Wesnoth was first released it was a very different game. The project is being improved all the time. The graphics alone are at a whole different level than they were even a couple years ago.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Hi there
beetlenaut wrote:The second level of the tutorial is a bit too difficult, but it was designed by people who were already good at the game.
To elaborate on this a bit more: difficulty in wesnoth might be different from what you may know from other games. You said you're 14, and I'm guessing you don't remember games from the 90. very well. Just like in the 90., in wesnoth when you see "hard" it means that it indeed is hard. Also, easy never is sandbox easy here. Wesnoth is a really hard game compared to most strategies nowadays, in my opinion. So equip yourself with patience, because ahead of you lies a long path of a wesnoth warrior :D
Btw, have you read some how-tos on this forum? For instance the common sense compendium? It's a really good read and I strongly recommend this :wink:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?