What campaigns have a strong story?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WanderingHero

What campaigns have a strong story?

Post by WanderingHero »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but no other forum really seemed to fit either.
I like some good story to go with my stratergy, though most campaigns are a little bare bones (drive off the evil invading guys, or move to this place and drive off the invaders until you can settle down, etc). Any with a stronger story?
I did like Under the Burning Sun, Descent Into Darkness (for all its flaws), Ruthless, Fate of a Princess and Elf Dynasty rp
lipk

Re: What campaigns have a strong story?

Post by lipk »

Invasion from the Unkown (it's a bit like an UtBS remake, but you didn't hear me saying that :whistle: ), After the Storm (afaik, the 1.8 version is unmaintained and even the 1.9 version is a WIP), Bad Moon Rising (personal favorite) + Trinity, Swamplings, The Sojournings of Grog
CMaster

Post by CMaster »

The best campaign (storywise) that I've ever seen was Sceptre of Life (SoL). Unfortunately it was never finished, and we don't have a story outline to be able to finish the campaign, so by now it's a bit outdated as well. However, opensourcejunkie (it's author) brought it far enough (12 scenarios including cutscenes) to really show what makes for an awesome story. You might want to take a look.
I'm a reciever!
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Not to blow my own bugle, but The Altaz Mariners is very story-orientated with an emphasis on characters, dialogue and subplots. I also think Betrayal of Thaeylan has a nice story going on. Both these are multiplayer campaigns.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

I liked RoW the best story wise, and my second favorite was probably Zombie Apocalypse Rpg by PapaSmurf. Yes, ZA made me choke up, believe it or not.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild