need way to sort for FFA maps in multiplayer

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jensen

need way to sort for FFA maps in multiplayer

Post by Jensen »

I like to play FFA (free for all) maps (usually 4+ player maps where each player is their own team) but in the current version of wesnoth it seems like I have to make a new game to see whether a 4+ player map is a 1 team vs 1 team map or an FFA. It would be really nice if in the general info screen about a multi map it would indicate how many teams the map contains. At this point it takes way too many steps to determine this, which includes having to make a new game just to see whether I can play FFA on it. Using Wesnoth 1.8.6
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: need way to sort for FFA maps in multiplayer

Post by Velensk »

If you mouse over the map viewer a description of the map appears. Most maps designed to allow for FFA play will say near the end of the description.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Jensen

Re: need way to sort for FFA maps in multiplayer

Post by Jensen »

You are right! Thanks for pointing that out, I would've never figured it out otherwise.