help for a newb - central repository of stable add-ons?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jensen

help for a newb - central repository of stable add-ons?

Post by Jensen »

Hi, apologies in advance if I have failed to look in the right places. I see plenty of information about creating new campaigns and testing campaigns, but where does one go to find the central repository of already-tested ("out of beta/gold master") campaigns/units/etc for download? Thank you!
Kymille

Re: help for a newb - central repository of stable add-ons?

Post by Kymille »

To get the downloads, click on Add-ons on the first screen of Wesnoth.

Unfortunately, this server will include both the stable campaigns you want and the still-in-development ones. I see two possibilities for you: One, look at the forum section called "Add-on Feedback" -- usually a developer starts a thread there once initial development is over. Two, the campaign creator will give a version number which will display in the Add-on server mentioned above. In theory, numbers like 0.2 would mean in development and numbers of 1.0 or greater should be complete. But I don't think there is any enforcement mechanism.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Go to the add-on server and sort by version number: anything with a version number of 1.0 or higher should be finished, complete and tested.

That's not to say that there aren't clueless authors who ignore the versioning conventions, but at least you should have a much higher chance of finding something complete and playable this way.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

zookeeper wrote:That's not to say that there aren't clueless authors who ignore the versioning conventions, but at least you should have a much higher chance of finding something complete and playable this way.
There are on the other hand also stability fanatics like me who's 0.0.9 version of an addon is more complete and stable than most 1.+ addons. :mrgreen: (Settlers of Wesnoth for instance)
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign