Is it worth posting in the Main Line Campaign feedback forum

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WanderingHero

Is it worth posting in the Main Line Campaign feedback forum

Post by WanderingHero »

I mean the campaigns are several years old. Would a newbie like me add anything to the discussion?
Hulavuta

Re: Is it worth posting in the Main Line Campaign feedback f

Post by Hulavuta »

It depends what you're going to say.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

The campaigns are old but they still get balancing changes and other occasional little additions. Newbies especially can help by pointing out things which they've found confusing or not as clear as they could have been (objectives, special scenario mechanics, something about the story, etc), because sometimes such things are only apparent to someone who hasn't played the game for years and years already. And even if your feedback doesn't result in that very thing getting fixed (maybe it'd be a lot of work and/or there's no one willing to do it), they're still valuable input on what to do or to avoid for people making new campaigns.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

one thing i found difficult as a newbie was remembering which scenario was called what and it felt like extra work to come to the forums and find the right thread and post a review. heck i didnt even find the forums until several months after i started playing.
therefore,, a nice GSOC project might be making a feedback module that people could optionally fill in right after a scenario. it could have some similarities/crossover with a bug-reporting module.
(hmm maybe this should be a new "Ideas" topic)
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Alright thanks for your replies guys, its very encouraging.

And trOll you could just look up the campaign in the walkthrough, though I guess that doesn't work for user campaigns
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

WanderingHero wrote:Alright thanks for your replies guys, its very encouraging.

And trOll you could just look up the campaign in the walkthrough, though I guess that doesn't work for user campaigns
Most of the UMC campaigns have threads in the Scenario and Campaign Development sub-forum, so you can post your stuff about them there.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.