Great tree visual display problem

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

salade

Great tree visual display problem

Post by salade »

hi,

For "Great Tree" (^Fet), they are really great and it covers the tile at the north of the tree. It makes the terrain look nice normally. But when there is a unit at the north of the tile, i notice that unit will be partially hidden by the tree. Take a look at the follow screenshot with highlight:

imagine the unit being hidden is below to green. it will be very difficult to see. do you think we should fix this problem?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Great tree visual display problem

Post by Pentarctagon »

the tree is so tall that the image goes onto the next hex, so it kind of makes sense that it would be shown over the unit on that hex.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

It's a reasonable complaint, though. Especially for someone who is a bit colorblind, like me, the clasher really does not pop out there because of the poison. I can't be certain I would see it on a casual glance. I'm not sure if it's worth trying to fix, because the only reasonable solution I can think of is to change the color of poison. Adding more transparent areas to the tree would help in some cases, but not for the green-unit case, and it wouldn't look as nice, besides. I'll have to experiment with placing some units behind them when I have access to a computer with Wesnoth, but at a casual skim of the unit list I see potential problems with goblins, orc assassins, and poachers at least.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

Ya know there are still the health bars, those contrast a lot (not enough?) and I don't think they ever get covered
even if you're colourblind you should see at least contrast
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Health bars are kind of greenish too. The outline shows up, but that's not really addressing the issue, which is that it's no longer immediately apparent that there is a unit there, and what that unit is.
salade

Post by salade »

btw, i think i'm not colourblind, but I actually overlooked that poisoned clasher in that game. that's the reason I make this thread.