Recommend me a campaign

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rya

Re: Recommend me a campaign

Post by Rya »

I'm still waiting for campaigns without recruitment (but with multiple pre-defined heroes).
Wesnoth
The developer says "no".
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Rowanthepreacher wrote:How do you get Talentless Mage? It's not on the add-on list.
Yes it is.

What version are you running?
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

It's not on the 1.9.4 list but it is on the 1.8.5 list. It may not work for 1.9.4, but if you want to try you can look it up here: http://addons.wesnoth.org/
Rya wrote:I'm still waiting for campaigns without recruitment (but with multiple pre-defined heroes).
There are several like that already. I just finished "Undead in the Sewers", which only has one hero. I don't recommend it, but you might like it.
Rowanthepreacher

Post by Rowanthepreacher »

I know this probably isn't the place to ask this, but is:

Macro/file "DELAY' is missing at ~add-ons/Talentless_mage/scenarios/11_The_Quest_for_Super-Artifact.cfg:647 included from add-ons/Talentless_mage/_main.cfg.46

solvable without having to download Wesnoth 1.8? I've checked the technical forum, but my search-fu is weak.
Rya

Post by Rya »

I meant something along the lines of Fire Emblem, not an RPG where you only play one character.
Wesnoth
The developer says "no".
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Rowanthepreacher wrote:I've checked the technical forum, but my search-fu is weak.
Just find the thread for "Talentless Mage". Should be in Scenario and Campaign Development. Chances are someone has already brought this up. If not, you can make the designer aware of it.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Rowanthepreacher wrote:I know this probably isn't the place to ask this, but is:

Macro/file "DELAY' is missing at ~add-ons/Talentless_mage/scenarios/11_The_Quest_for_Super-Artifact.cfg:647 included from add-ons/Talentless_mage/_main.cfg.46

solvable without having to download Wesnoth 1.8? I've checked the technical forum, but my search-fu is weak.
Main difference between Wesnoth 1.8 and 1.9 is that in 1.9, unfound macros are game-breaking while in 1.8 they're not. So fix it or download 1.8 :mrgreen:
Krellja

Post by Krellja »

elvish_sovereign wrote:EDIT: Though for me, The Founding of Borstep is an example of an extremely well-made campaign.
Just to bring back this recommendation: Borstep has some really nice ideas.