2 questions - Add ons and units

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Fundin

2 questions - Add ons and units

Post by Fundin »

Hi,

I have two questions, if anyone can help me then great.

1) Add ons. I was reading that there are add ons for Wesnoth, I had a look around and can't seem to find them listed, is there a list anywhere?

2) Unit lists - I was looking at the unit list built into Wesnoth, particularly looking for what my units might advance into. I note that Wesnoth only shows you to level 2 and you need to have got units to 3 to see them, is that right? Is there any list of level 3 units anywhere even if it's not detailed?

Thanks
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: 2 questions - Add ons and units

Post by Velensk »

On the main menu there is a button that reads 'add-ons' click on it.

That is supposedly a feature. To correct it when you enter the game press the 'shift' key and the ':' key at the same time and type debug then hit enter. That will unveil all the units.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Or go to units.wesnoth.org =)
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

Fundin wrote:I note that Wesnoth only shows you to level 2 and you need to have got units to 3 to see them, is that right? Is there any list of level 3 units anywhere even if it's not detailed?
Actually the unit encyclopedia you got inside wesnoth shows only units that you have ever met in a game (or that have appeared in a game you watched or played). That's why you don't see the lev3 units until you get them.
As Velensk wrote you can go around that by turning on the debug mode.

As for addons - getting some glasses and the button in the main menu is the best way, but in case something malfunctions you can go to add-ons.wesnoth.org and download them manually
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Also, the :discover command is a "feature" that can be used to ruin the unit-discovery aspect, thereby destroying for all time the childlike sense of wonder and surprise you would otherwise have enjoyed by exploring the campaigns.

[/sarcasm] :P
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."