Creative Commons Fantasy Portrait Marathon

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JustinOperable
Art Contributor

Creative Commons Fantasy Portrait Marathon

Post by JustinOperable »

Hey all,

You might have seen art I've created for Wesnoth in the past. I hope in the near future to come back and do some campaign art, but right now I'm working on something a little similar.

I intend to create a set of at least THIRTY freely licensed Fantasy Portraits crafted in a painterly style, to be used in games and media by anyone! All of the portraits will be released dually under both the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license and GPL 3.0. These portraits will likely be used in a great many open source and free media projects, but they are being specifically crafted for the OSARE project, an open source computer game currently being developed with inspiration from games like Diablo and Heroes of Might and Magic. But because of the license I am choosing, they could be used for any number of projects from other video and computer games of different varieties, to print board games and rpgs, to modules and adventure scenarios or for use in other media.

I have started a Kickstarter project to raise 1500 dollars to pay for my spring term at Concept Art Academy in Pasadena. And those who back me will have their likenesses used for the portraits, so if you back the project, I will paint you (or a loved one) as a fantasy hero.

I am over $1000 with about 18 or 19 days left. And I have instituted some additional goals. Since it seems likely I will reach my goal of 1500 and then some, if I reach 2000, I will be creating a minimum of 35 portraits, and if I reach 3000 I will be creating a full length video tutorial on my painting process in GIMP.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/131 ... t-marathon

I hope to be painting you soon,
Thanks!

Justin
Attachments
OSAREHeroMaleSmall.png
OSAREHeroMaleSmall.png (43.44 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Creative Commons Fantasy Portrait Marathon!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/131 ... t-marathon