Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GUNINANRUNIN

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by GUNINANRUNIN »

Hello, I'm GUNIN! I've been playing Wesnoth off and on since 2010, I think. Was way into the campaigns and got into some of the mods a year ago and played multiplayer briefly but intensely around that time, but I haven't played in something like half a year. I've been doing pixel art as a hobby for over 3 years and looking to break into the professional side of things, so the art threads have my interest. I'm a computer science student and a hobbyist game designer.
Alchemek

Post by Alchemek »

Hi, I'm Alchemek! I've been playing Wesnoth off and on for a really long time. I'm not really sure when I actually discovered this game. I've always been fascinated with Wesnoth, though, and highly valued its simplicity and enjoyability and the fact that it's written under the GNU GPL. The funny thing about my familiarity with Wesnoth is that I never once finished a campaign in the game. I usually think about the fact that I never finished Heir to the Throne and I had a tendency to get stuck on the same scenario over and over on the normal difficulty. I think the next time I play this campaign, I will play it on easy to see if I can actually beat the campaign for once lol.

Anyhow, Wesnoth will always be a game that I feel happy about, probably one of the most important games to me these days. :)
Malos

Post by Malos »

Greetings! I am Malos. I found Wesnoth quite recently and starting playing 2 days ago. I enjoy the simplicity of the game and like the challenge a bit too. I'm simply a guy who is trying to create some maps because why not? :lol:
Ferrariz

Post by Ferrariz »

i've been playing this game for quite a few years now, and have been making worthless things along the way.
Escanor

Post by Escanor »

Hello everyone! I have been playing Battle for Wesnoth a pretty long time now and it is an awesome game. Few months back i got interested in trying to make my own units and animations for them (slowely but surely getting hang of it :P ) Maybe i will post them to the Art Workshop in some point...
"as a god of demons...how does it feel to be looked down upon by a human?" --Escanor
wingsfalcon

Post by wingsfalcon »

i am good player not god player;P by wingsfalcon and 0mega
hollieday

Post by hollieday »

why does the priest person run away and leave me to die on tutorial, I have tried many time and die every time? I go to the house to heal then priest run away.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Don't stay on the village (house). You are only safe there for one turn, and you don't need to heal completely. The next turn, you should move to the castle and recruit some elves. Let the elves fight so you don't die. You can just stay in the castle to stay safe. A couple of the elves might die, but that's OK because you have enough gold to recruit a lot of them. Does that help?
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
ztara

Post by ztara »

Hey my name is ztara_crush and this will be my first time ever playing this great looking game.
Im downloading it as I type this and I hope I will have a ton of fun playing..
Hope to see many of you in the game and I wish you all a good day.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Welcome to wesnoth! I hope you have a great time playing the game singleplayer and multiplayer on server! :D
613TheEvil

Post by 613TheEvil »

Hello, thanks everyone for making this interesting game. I've enjoyed it so far. I finished two campaigns, The Hammer of Thursagan and The Sceptre of Fire. I enjoy playing dwarves. Now I am looking for another mainline campaign that heavily involves dwarves on the player's side. Can anyone suggest one? Or else I could try a custom made one, I saw there are plenty to download. I'd like to play with the Ulfserker->Berserker unit, does any campaign offer that? No way to search that sadly. Also, how does multiplayer work exactly? Is there a time limit to take your turns? Well, I doubt I'll ever try it, I am used to playing single player, on this kind of games, taking my time. I wish the game continues to thrive and prosper, thanks for hearing me out.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Dwarves join your party for part of the campaign in Northern Rebirth, Legend of Wesmere, and Heir to the Throne. I recommend HttT. A handful of loyal dwarves show up in other campaigns. You can also play multiplayer against the computer. The computer is not very good, so you should give it around twice as much gold as you give yourself to make it interesting, but that way you can set up as dwarves against anything you want and see how that works.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
613TheEvil

Post by 613TheEvil »

beetlenaut wrote:Dwarves join your party for part of the campaign in Northern Rebirth, Legend of Wesmere, and Heir to the Throne. I recommend HttT. A handful of loyal dwarves show up in other campaigns. You can also play multiplayer against the computer. The computer is not very good, so you should give it around twice as much gold as you give yourself to make it interesting, but that way you can set up as dwarves against anything you want and see how that works.
Thanks, I'll probably play all the mainline campaigns once, eventually. I'll browse the popular custom campaigns also, I might find some interesting stuff. Although the walkthroughs for the mainline ones do come in handy. Multiplayer/custom battles can wait I believe, for now. Is it very active?
SFault

Post by SFault »

Hi! I'm SFault and I've been playing this game for a while now. I really love it. Thanks to all devs and other contributors.
segmentation fault
EBfW, GtR, Art, Old art
TheImperialist

Post by TheImperialist »

Hello all, this is the Imperialist; amateur artist, steampunky, and hopefully an future game designer. I started playing wesnoth lately after looking up a new tatical game to play, and, well, way worth the hype.

Hope to have many good times and conversation with you good folks.